Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig23

Reaction score
I just moved to Sydney from the NT, anyone around the sydney area up for herping etc etc etc???

[email protected] is my email and msn, i dont check this site often.

Cheers

yeh im also in sydney and want to know where to find some nice herps? i live on the northern beaches (st ives) but wouldnt mind traveling a bit to see some nice animals..

im in brighton le sands, dont mind traveling either, have been down to heathcote and RNP so far in the last few weeks, only seen some yellow faced whips at this stage

It might be a bit cold at this time of year but when it warms up head up to the Blue Mountains for loads of herping;)

Herps are still out, people are still getting call outs for rbbs. Just have to pick a day when the sun is really warm like yesterday.

there is a weird short cut through the bushes, its a dirt road going off forest way to narrabeen or some thing and i was talking to a guy who has found heaps of diamonds and different pythons down that way. was thinking of heading there some time:) and in terry hills is the massive national park. a friend of mine who isnt into herps reconds she saw a wild baby green tree python... but who knows. there are lots of places around sydney :)

mm here we go again... Sweetangel, there is definately no GTP's in the wilds of Sydney, we would really need to stuff up the planet to get global warming reallly pumping. There are a few species still semi active, though many are semi active all winter long, basking but not eating, and whilst GTS's can be found at basking sites (they usually use the same trees every year), your chances of seeing much is very limited without destroying any habitat, though for those that are really keen, there are still herps out anytime of year, plus late winter the wild flowers bloom, and for me, thats worth a walk in itself. If anyone wants a walk through the Royal, feel free to give me a pm.

i live in penrith the BEST herping place is the blue mountins im not sure how far away it is from you though

I'd also like the best place to go herping in sydney, besides the blue mountain.

literally speaking, anywhere on the Northern beaches that backs onto bushland is good for reps if you know where to look. Cromer hts, Duffys forest, Ingleside, are all superb. Duffys is alive with Brown snakes, so be careful in Summer.:)
there is a weird short cut through the bushes, its a dirt road going off forest way to narrabeen or some thing and i was talking to a guy who has found heaps of diamonds and different pythons down that way. was thinking of heading there some time:) and in terry hills is the massive national park. a friend of mine who isnt into herps reconds she saw a wild baby green tree python... but who knows. there are lots of places around sydney :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back