Herping during the wett in Tully??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Reaction score
Gday havnt poasted a thread in a while but anyway im headingt to Tully North QLD tomorrow night and looking fword to it,though from what ive heard theres been 19 inches of rain up there in the last two weeks roughly,so i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the herping might be like up there in such conditions?Thanks in advance for any help.:D

Tully has indeed had alot of rain over the last week or so, however it has mostly come in as storms in the late afternoon so you should be able to get out early in the morning. I dont know much about Herping as I am only new to all this but have family in Tully so I know whats going on down there at the moment with the weather :)

Tully has indeed had alot of rain over the last week or so, however it has mostly come in as storms in the late afternoon so you should be able to get out early in the morning. I dont know much about Herping as I am only new to all this but have family in Tully so I know whats going on down there at the moment with the weather :)
Sounds good thanks mate.

Make sure to hit up Tully Gorge.

Cheers
Stephen

I think what Stephen means, do the road to Tully Gorge (Cardston power station). I wouldn't advise to to walk up the gorge beyond the PS as the boulders will be so slippery you're likely to hurt yourself. Also the water would be roaring down the gorge, so you won't be able to get too far anyway. Finally, the scrubbies are dispersed in the rainforest this time of the year, they only congregate in the gorge in the mating season, i.e. winter time. You should encounter few herps on the road though.

Thanks for all your help hopefully i can get to Tully Gourge unfortunately i dont have the best camera but never the less definately guna get right into it!

I think what Stephen means, do the road to Tully Gorge (Cardston power station). I wouldn't advise to to walk up the gorge beyond the PS as the boulders will be so slippery you're likely to hurt yourself. Also the water would be roaring down the gorge, so you won't be able to get too far anyway. Finally, the scrubbies are dispersed in the rainforest this time of the year, they only congregate in the gorge in the mating season, i.e. winter time. You should encounter few herps on the road though.

Yeah, I should have probably been more specific. Sorry about that.

Even though its not peak season you should still find a few things.

Good luck!
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back