Herping This Summer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That BTS looks decent sized!

One thing I've never seen night driving in NSW is geckos, where abouts are you herping.

Awesome! Would love to do some herping further south and see some wild diamonds, and the Stephen's Bandeds too. One of those is next on my list. Great photos.

Adders are the only thing we find around Sydney herping, except what we call fodder reptiles.

If we see another reptile we always see adders.

Brown Tree was pretty large, probably over 5ft. Geckos are around, just need to know right spots, the robust velvets pictured were at a house down the road from here and i also ocassionally see them at my house aswell. All are on differant roads around me at mid north coast. This was over 7 differant nights. This was my first wild adder, very exctiting for me, very nice animals although I much prefer the colouration of sydney adders.

Yeah I'm in sydney, so only get them.

However we'll find red and grey adders on the same 10km stretch of road.

Nice find Mark..one thing ive NEVER found up there was a Adder also..Nice Bts..

nice finds greeny were you with Ryan when you found the adder? nice robust velvet i didnt know they were found that close to the coast in nsw!

hey greeny, long time no talk :p
Great pictures by the way!

Thanks danny, Yes I was with Ryan for the adder. I'm not actually very close to the coast where i live and find the robust velvets although im pretty sure i know other people with them around that are closer than me.

You really need to know some good night roads for finding this stuff bucky, go for some night drives around the place and they are all fairly common in the right place.

Thanks Krusty bandys are pretty awesome, that was my first alive one. Find alot of road killed ones around though.

I don't know where you're spotting Gillsy but i would certainly not call adders common.
There are a few roads that they can be found on occassionally within Sydney and a few places where they are adundant in the right conditions however these spots are not in what I would consider Sydney.
Maybe you know some secret spots that I don't know of, however I doubt it.
It would be great if you could post some pictures to back your claim??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back