Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monitordude

Banned
Reaction score
Here are some pics from my recent trip to central Aus:)
in the pics there are sandies, central beardies, blackheaded monitor(v.t.orientalis),blind snake, eyrean earless dragon, burtons legless lizard and shingleback.
also caught (no pics) painteds,western and cental netted dragons,two lined dragons, pebble dragon, ringed brown snake, tree dtellas, bynoes geeckos, fattail gecko and pogona mitchelli probly caught more just cant remember!
it was cool to see things i have or have kept in the wild and theyre colours, size and behaviour.
it was every herpers dream.:D
hope you enjoy.:)

thanks Ridgie.

yes fast and agile then straight down their burrows witch i then had to dig up! on one day in the simpson desert there was about five in half an hour and almost fainted in the car from running, digging and climbing!
i only thought i would see them and then id chase them and lose em, but i ended catching 9 and saw 14!!
all well worth the effort to get a good look at those beautiful monitors!

umm wouldn't the the black head be tristis tristis ? not tristis orientalis, just a question.
lovely monitors would be awesome to find all those species in the wild

my bleeding hand is from that tristis BTW.
But i deserved it for wrecking his arvo:lol:

Good finds mate, not being rude by why where you chasing the animals and then digging them up from there borrows?

I'm impressed you got hold of that wild sand monitor, being such quick reptiles that don't settle easily once restrained. Did you go spotlighting at night?

umm wouldn't the the black head be tristis tristis ? not tristis orientalis, just a question.
lovely monitors would be awesome to find all those species in the wild

yeah, orientalis is lighter coloured and I think is limited to the coast?

ohh man awesome pics would have been awesome to chase down those herps you must have been very determined to catch those sand monitors

Good finds mate, not being rude by why where you chasing the animals and then digging them up from there borrows?

yeah I'm curious why you would dig up somethings home just for a photo and a hold as well.

yeah, orientalis is lighter coloured and I think is limited to the coast?

na its a orientalis according to my book tristis is coast orientalis is central looks identical to the orientalis in my book.
its head was light brown it just looks dark cause i caught it at nigh

Nice fringe.
Can you teach me how to differentiate between woma and mulga prints?
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back