Herping trip, NE victorian highlands 20/03/2010

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilerob

Reaction score
My wife Rett82 and myself spent a rare kid free day together yesterday to do a bit of herping. I wont go into too many details, but here a few photos from the day.
First reptile we saw was a skink, probably a water skink running across the road and into some bushes.
robrep34.jpg

The Rett82 found this colourful little sking near a rocky outcrop. Neither of us have ever seen one like this before, if anybody knows what it is, please feel free to tell us.
robrep33.jpg

As always, at our favourite herping spot there was plenty of Jacky dragons and Cunninghams skinks,
robrep32.jpg

robrep31.jpg

robrep30.jpg

This was easily the fattest Cunninghams skink i have ever seen!!!
robrep29.jpg

Then we headed further east, over the divide into gippsland flowing streams looking for water dragons. Although we saw 3 or 4, I only found this one to photograph, the rest were all too quick to hide!!!
A baby gippsland water dragon,
robrep28.jpg

robrep27.jpg

robrep26.jpg

robrep25.jpg

At one stage, i had a Jacky dragon posing for a photo about 5 meters to my left, and a cunninghams skink just climbing out of his cave 5 meters to my right, then this butterfly landed right beside my foot!! I didnt know which one to photograph first!!

Hopefully Rett82 will have some more photos to add when she gets back on wednesday.

Attachments

• robgen12.jpg
    robgen12.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 55
Awesome photo's Reptilerob. I especially like the water dragon. Gorgeous little water dragon he is. I should have posted my photo's but it was a while ago now.

Awesome photo's Reptilerob. I especially like the water dragon. Gorgeous little water dragon he is. I should have posted my photo's but it was a while ago now.

Do you call your husband Reptilerob at home? :p:lol:

Nice photos and a nice looking Cunningham's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back