herps and pregnancy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carmen

Reaction score
I know there can be issues with certain animal during pregnancy like birds, cats and horses carrying different things that can harm the unborn child but does anyone know if snakes or scorpions can be an issue?
I am currently 7 weeks pregnant and do not want to be worried everytime i clean an enclosure wondering if i should be using a face mask and if it could make the baby sick.

any replies greatly appreciated.

Congratulations on the bub. I am not sure but i've had four kids while looking after repts and never had any probs. Good luck.

If you use appropriate hand wash after cleaning and handling you should be fine. They have different gut flora (including Salmonella), but proper hygeine practices will take care of it.

thanks guys. I asked my doctor and his response ws "reptiles carry salmonilla, i suggest removing all reptiles from your home before your baby is born"
yeh... not gonna happen.
Thanks for the link Mrs I, i searched and this one didn't come up. I am very clean and wash my hand before and after handling reptiles and have the reptile alcohol hand cleaner as well so no issues there.
Again, thanks heaps guys, now to go play with my scorps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back