Het Olive clutch hatching

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the last one, you can see how wrinkly they are :) they are spectacular
Why do you have wet paper towel in the bottom of their click clacks may i ask?

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Hit the odds, 12eggs- 3 whites, as you could imagine I'm stoked with the result.

I'm going to hold onto these ones for future breeding as i believe its better to use albino olives from het-het pairing.

I will be shore to post more pics when there out.

Cheers
Wayne

I was speaking with Gavin Bedford when he dropped off my fiancées Albino and het olives. He was telling me he had the best success breeding het x albino, instead of albino x albino. He said unless you're lucky enough to get a compatible pair of albino olives, then there's little chance they will successfully breed, or the eggs will make it.

Thanks for the comments everyone:D

Love the last one, you can see how wrinkly they are :) they are spectacular
Why do you have wet paper towel in the bottom of their click clacks may i ask?

Hatchlings can dry out so up until there first shed you keep them on moistened paper towel, creates humidity and keeps them hydrated.

Thanks for the comments.

A few more pics, they just shed.

Attachments

• Albino Olive..........jpg
    Albino Olive..........jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Albino Olive.........jpg
    Albino Olive.........jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 95
  • Albino Olive........jpg
    Albino Olive........jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 97
she never dropped nything!! She had all the signs.. laying belly up towards the end, was fat as, an lumpy, sloughed, all that Jaz then nothing!! She tricked me the Biatch lol

i'll try her next year, it was her first yr at it though so maybe thats why, or maybe i had temps wrong or what evs else could have been wrong.. i dunno..

Mine did the exact same the little turd, and then to top it off this was the male only two days ago......

bellyup002.jpg

Olives some times have phantom pregnancy's if their not ready too breed that season, my girl has done it twice to me....her second year and this year included. She looked all the goods, then nothing and back to her usual eating rechieme.

Ohh sorry to hear that.. You'd think that after all the love an care we put into then they might jus want to repay us with some eggs hu!!! Ungrateful turds lol

Olives some times have phantom pregnancy's if their not ready too breed that season, my girl has done it twice to me....her second year and this year included. She looked all the goods, then nothing and back to her usual eating rechieme.

I spoke to Gavin Bedford about what he calls 'Phantom Pregnancies' in Olives & hey I would have bet strong $ that PKs Olive was gravid in fact I was 100% sure !!!! I was wrong........ & yep Olives apparently are notorious for it. & this was not just follicle ripening that I saw the animal had what seemed to be an Ovulation & wrapped its final third around you with the classic 'tightness' of a gravid snake also....... but hey Next Year !!!

Here is a pic of a normal girl who did the "Phantom Pregnancy" this season, looked huge, thought she ovulated, belly up, but no eggs.

Attachments

• F Olive...jpg
    F Olive...jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 78
Here is a pic of a normal girl who did the "Phantom Pregnancy" this season, looked huge, thought she ovulated, belly up, but no eggs.

thanks for that James you proved my sanity........ I have NEVER seen another python type do this...... once ovulation ocurrs there is no way back & either slugs or eggs have to be layed. They simple could not have ovulated hey.

thanks for that James you proved my sanity........ I have NEVER seen another python type do this...... once ovulation ocurrs there is no way back & either slugs or eggs have to be layed. They simple could not have ovulated hey.

Exactly, no ovulation, no eggs, the joy of working with olives:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back