Hey everyone! I'm new and need some advice on handling Monsieur Fang, my Stimmy...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"cage protective" - crap
"feeding out of its enclosure" - crap

Bulling newbies to believe your bull***** - crap

You have no evidence of any of that...

First of all, snakes never eat on same place!!
And specially in case of Womas, which are not ambush predators, but active hunters, they cover a vast distance looking for prey in their own burrows.

There's also been studies where radio track diamonds have traveled 30km in search of food/mate.

On a less scientific manner, young herps tend to acquire pythons so they can handle regularly and somewhat social with.

Brainwash novices with crap info - that a good handler is the one who has balls to take a few strikes, and is only a 'macho' if bare handle the snakes with no tools etc. is just plain wrong!

Confidence will come in due time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bulling newbies to believe your bull***** - crap

You have no evidence of any of that...

First of all, snakes never eat on same place!!
And specially in case of Womas, which are not ambush predators, but active hunters, they cover a vast distance looking for prey in their own burrows.

There's also been studies where radio track diamonds have traveled 30km in search of food/mate.

...other studies show that snakes are territorial defensive/aggressive.

On a less scientific manner, young herps tend to acquire pythons so they can handle regularly and somewhat social with.

Brainwash novices with crap info - that a good handler is the one who has balls to take a few strikes, and is only a 'macho' if bare handle the snakes with no tools etc. is just plain wrong!

Confidence will come in due time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you should read his post properly. If you have trouble I can try to break it down in more simple terms with sock puppets.

Thanks for this post!

Yep, definitely getting a smaller hide for him and I fed him today! I fed him in his enclosure because I wasn't sure how long I was supposed to keep him in the feeding box (I thought you aren't supposed to touch pythons for 1-2 days after feeding?), so thought that this would be the easiest option for us both!

I am also much more confident in handling him!

Promoted to his first mouse!

IMG_1313.jpg

Took it like a boss! Oui oui, greedy Monsieur Fang!
IMG_1316.jpg

Getting ready for Le Food Coma
IMG_1320.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back