Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treknotechelaps

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, I’m Darren and have just recently joined APS… thought I should introduce myself
I’ve been interested in Reptiles and Frogs since about the age of 4 after catching skinks and geckos in the backyard and this interest has progressed from there and become a lifetime hobby that I’ll never get bored with. Including Australian, I’m also interested in Papuan and Indonesian herpetofauna.
I’m into field herping mostly and really enjoy going out in the bush wherever and photographing reptiles and frogs. Living in the outer eastern suburbs of Melbourne though, the diversity isn’t by far as great as up north, still I’ve seen some interesting species.
Don’t keep anything ATM but want to get my license. I would like to get something a bit unusual and challenging whether it be a snake or lizard. Thinkin about a Jungle Carpet or Black-headed or a couple of Legless Lizards or a species of Dragon to start off with, further down the track would like a GTP, Collett’s or Stephen’s Banded Snake or a Leaf-tailed, Prickly Knob-tail or Golden-tailed Gecko. Would absolutely love to get a Rough-scaled Python too.
Would like to meet other people who are interested in going for trips around Melbourne and Victoria (and possibly further afield) to look for herps, so let me know if anyone is interested.
Will be posting some threads on some of the herps I’ve encountered soon as well.
Look forward to chattin with yas and seein all ya photos :)

Thanks for the welcoming all :D

Here's a few snakes... Cryptophis nigrescens, Pseudonaja textilis and Parasuta dwyeri

View attachment 207548 View attachment 207549 View attachment 207551

Expected photos to show up as they are, not as attachment words.
Could someone please advise me in how to upload a photo so that they appear as a viewable photo instead of an 'Attachment word' ...thanx

Last edited:
not sure on why the photos arent showing but i love photos of what people have found cant wait to see what youve got:p

Welcome Darren. Nice to meet you =]
I'm Tara Leigh.
I would be happy to 'go herping' with you sometime.
Pity your photos didn't come up... look forward to seeing them.

Yeh,spewin...don't why they didn't appear, must be some simple/stupid thing i didn't do...will be workin on it. Will be worth waiting for...
Hey Taraleigh, thanx, already have you as a friend :), with one other, can't wait to go herping around somewhere, Springs comin up soon and thats where all the action happens, will be in contact soon, if not sooner...

Thanks cadwallader too, will try my best to upload sum photos.

welcome mate,i have a similar upbringing with an intrest starting at a young age,and i would always catch things,and keep the odd herp ;)
Yea post up some nice elapid pics ,we love that stuff

Thanx $NaKe PiMp, good to hear someone with a similar upbringing :)

Think i've figured out how to upload pics minus the attachments, will give it a go 2morrow

Alright...Here's a few pics, hope they show up ok

Lowland Copperhead Austrelaps superbus

Bardick Echiopsis curta

Eastern Brown Snake Pseudonaja textilis

Dwyer's Hooded Snake Parasuta dwyeri

Thick-tailed Gecko Underwoodisaurus milii

Southern Spiny-tailed Gecko Strophurus intermedius

Pink-tailed Worm-Lizard Aprasia parapulchella

Plain Legless Lizard Delma inornata

Swampland Tussock Skink Pseudemoia rawlinsoni

White's Rock Skink Liopholis whitii

Eastern Stumpytail Tiliqua rugosa asper

Eastern Robust Slider Lerista punctatovittata

Eastern Bearded Dragon Pogona barbata

Emerald-spotted Tree Frog Litoria peronii

Last edited:
hey you come across plenty of species,and of coarse elapids are my fav and you have some pics of a couple species i dont see much,the bardick and the Dwyeri

Welcome to the forum mate!
Awesome photos, love the copperhead :D

Yeh, gotta love the Aussie Elapids , have only come across the Bardick once, hope to see it again, see alot of Parasutas, mainly flagellum tho
What do you come across up your way $NaKe PiMp

Cheers LiasisFreak :), have you got any pics of your olive or water?

...and any others who have a good pic or 2 of their reptilian pets or wild encounters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back