Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oenpelli-Girl

Reaction score
Hi,:lol:

I am Annie and I love snakes. Living in Oenpelli has it advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages:
Drive for 15 minutes down the road and see 10 different species of just pythons.
Other snake cares close by for advise.

Disadvantages:
Land locked for 6 months of the year.
People get bitten every week.
At the moment can't get to Darwin for a cage.

About me and snakes.
I'm 12 turning 13. I would love to start off with a childrens python just for something small and then work on a bigger one later. Right now i don't even have a cage. I'm looking for information on snakes so if anyone has any good information that you think would be good for a beginner would be great. I also love the look of Black Headed Pythons and Albino Snakes well i just love them all actually.

Hopefully hear from anybody soon bye from Oenpelli Girl.:lol:
</IMG></IMG>

Welcome :) I would love being land locked for 6 months of the year - that would give me 6 months of snake hunting :)
There is a lot of information on this site about snakes. I hope you find the snake of your dreams. I think a childrens python would make an excellent first snake for you.

Good luck and have a nice time here :)

welcome to the site
for info try wiki search at the top of this page or try google
good luck

Welcome to the site Annie, sounds like an awesome place to live, do you have any reptile pics to share?

Have you seen many oenpelli pythons?

I asked her that in chat earlier, she said she's never seen one and that they are considered to be very rare!

Oh well something to look foward too for sure :)

welcome, Arnhemland would be an amazing place to visit. goodluck with your first snake and if u have any pics of wild reptiles, i would love to see them :)

Hi Anne, Ive found Childrens Pythons to be a bit snappy. If your looking to get your 1st python, Id suggest a Diamond or Bredli python. Those 2 are very placid pythons as a rule. Get them used to being handled early and you will be fine. As for Blackheadeds, they are my favorite, I have 6. Ive got BHP photos on the Gallery.

welcome to the site!
im so jelous, oenpelli....wow! i know what lives there....

I would not recomend someone living in one of the most consistently hot areas of Australis keep Diamonds or Bredli. Childreni or Stimsons would make an ideal starter i reckon, I'd try and stick to keeping those reptiles that are native to the area as I imagine you'd lose power fairly regularly out there? Do you know any other keepers in the area that you can visit and see how they maintain their snakes?

Welcome, Annie 8)

Best of luck with researching and choosing your first python.

welcome annie. You will have to show us pics of your area and the wildlife

Welcome I would trade places with you any day!!!!! Depending on how big a snake you want i would say a bredli, they are calm placid snakes and usually problem free.

hey thanks for making me fell welcome and i've taken in all your comments and faltery this really is a beautiful place thanx

Bye frm Oenpelli_Girl

________
much love

Hey Annie it's woody. I saw a few keel back snakes on the road comming back from fishing yesterday did you guys see any? If you come over I will show you pic in the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back