Hey haven't been in for ages, update on my herps.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

critterguy

Reaction score
Ok, I haven't been in here for ages, long herp update.

I still have Mary and Sleepy (blue tongues) and Charlie (gecko), the blueies got another enclosure upgrade in size due to growth (they have had one about once a year) and a slight addition to their diet in that I now mix the multi vitamin mix into their food occasionally that Charlie's roaches get fed to keep up his D3 and Calcium for fear of MBD now that the info out there has changed on the care of them than what it was when I first got them.

They also now get a recommended brand of wet dog food as well as their usual fruit etc for the D3 and calcium in it and have a sun cage to go in here and there for soaking up rays, both to stop MBD before it got to kick in and also because they have needed a sun cage for a while anyway but things were laid out differently to how they have been now for ages allowing room for one and a good spot to put it.

My wife and I are about to get a house so I will be finally able get/build them a outdoor enclosure, already checked into if can use treated pine and found it's a no go so won't go the cheaper of the raised garden beds I was considering. See the other thread if you want to help me decide was kind of enclosure to get/build for their outdoor one.

After my snake got mouth rot in 2012/2013 from a scratch on the inside of her mouth from swallowing a rat the wrong way or inadequate heating (had small pad still when she got sick).
I upgraded her heat pad to a much larger one and started to use the half log in her enclosure more often after people complained she had nowhere to hide even though she did and the log was just out of the enclosure at the time of the photo's, also the enclosure was overdue for a clean at the time of the pics which people assumed was it's normal condition.
Plus she regularly slept in the shelving of the rack and would hide under the newspaper and up top of the tank that the frame of the lid would block her from view if she needed to hide and the log wasn't in there at the time.
I've have since moved her on to a new owner earlier in the year that is a local snake catcher along with the heat pad and other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back