Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Saz they are awesome!!
I think horse & dog showing are very similar :) I have heard heaps from people that have been to Crufts, it would be a pretty impressive show

Not quite sure how much hatchling Acckies go for, I think around $200 250, yes would be interested in swaping
i have mine in a 5ft fish tank but they can go outside, but love the heat 50 degrees plus
here is a link to my guys http://www.aussiepythons.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=211037&highlight=#211037

Crufts is HUGE in the UK as I'm sure you know. I do think it's rather sweet as the dogs look just as excited as the owners when they win, hehehe!

They are adorable! Is 50 degrees basking spot rather than ambient temp? What about cooling in the winter?
There's no way I could have a 5 foot tank in the house and it gets pretty chilly in winter.
I don't think you could get it to 50 degrees in the winter even with a powerful heat source? Any suggestions?

:0)

Saz
Yes 50 degrees is the basking spot, ambient is around 30 / 35. I think for winter i will just use a lesser wattage bulb
i'm not sure how people keep them heated in winter in outdoor enclosure, maybe Peter can shed some light on it??
they don't need an enclosure that big, the spotted tree's are in an enclosure 1200high X 900 wide. this would be ample for a pair I would think
It sounds funny me giving advise, I don't know too much :lol:
i do know my dogs, but not herps
your question about the mals coping, they pretty much sleep all day until it cools off, then run around like idiots

Can you tell me which Geckoes are which in your photos, I know most of them, just not sure on a couple
Rob
:roll:
they drop all their undercoat once a year for males & twice for females, so this helps them handle the heat in summer, it's like a big snow storm when they do it
mind you one of my boys has his full coat now & will probably drop it in winter...weird

Saz
Yes 50 degrees is the basking spot, ambient is around 30 / 35. I think for winter i will just use a lesser wattage bulb
i'm not sure how people keep them heated in winter in outdoor enclosure, maybe Peter can shed some light on it??
they don't need an enclosure that big, the spotted tree's are in an enclosure 1200high X 900 wide. this would be ample for a pair I would think
It sounds funny me giving advise, I don't know too much :lol:
i do know my dogs, but not herps
your question about the mals coping, they pretty much sleep all day until it cools off, then run around like idiots
they drop all their undercoat once a year for males & twice for females, so this helps them handle the heat in summer, it's like a big snow storm when they do it
mind you one of my boys has his full coat now & will probably drop it in winter...weird

Can you tell me which Geckoes are which in your photos, I know most of them, just not sure on a couple
Rob
:roll:

Sure...in this order:

Nephrurus Amyae
Underwoodisaurus Milli
Nephrurus Levis
Nephrurus Levis
Diplodactylus Steindachneri
Strophurus Intermedius
Diplodactylus Dameaum
Saltuarius Swaini
Saltuarius Swaini
Heteronotia Bineoi
Diplodactylus Galeatus
Strophurus Ciliaris
Strophurus Taenicauda
Strophurus Ciliaris
Nephrurus Amyae

I also have Strophurus Williamsi, but no decent pics of them at the mo.

Do the ackies like to climb at all or are they completely terrestrial? Would definitely have to keep them in an outside cage so any advice on that front from anyone would be great!

Don't blame your dogs for sleeping all day...oh what a life...to be a beloved pet, hehehe!

Saz you have started 1 great thread! Love your geckos - great pics!! I love geckos they're so cool! At the moment I only have marbled gecko (and three coastals-very proud!).

OMG! Alaskan Malamoutes! Love the breed! Unfortunately I can't keep them - I'm renting, and fences aren't always ideal for them. Can you post some pics in chit chat? Or pm me - cos I just love them!!!!

Thanks foxysnake. I love geckos too, well obviously! Rob (mistymtn) has the Alaskan Malamoutes. I agree, they are incredible looking things. My three cats would not be too impressed if we brought a little puppy home, and same as you we rent, so not going to happen!

Moggil eh? Only 20 minutes away from me, if you breed any excess Geckoes, let me know, I love my Geckoes ;) , onlt got two Tryon's Velvet Geckoes, Oedura tryoni(the male I was going to use for a breeder when I got some girls is running free at the moment) and a young Robust Velvet Gecko, Oedura robusta, I'm very interested in S. swaini ;)

Hi Dicco,

That's amazing! I've met two herpers now that live very close by. I will be having excess this year, but not Swaini. They are a two year old pair, so I don't think they will breed this season. Hopefully next season if I'm lucky.

I do have eggs from a few other species (I think about 22 in the incubator at the mo, and another five or so females gravid again), and I can't keep them all, hehehe, so will let you know when and what I have available.

If you ever breed Robusta let me know. I really like the look of those little critters. Tryoni are amazing as well. How people tell the difference between Tryoni, Coggeri and Monilis is beyond me, they all look so similar to me, hehehe!

Do you have any pics of your gex? It's nice to meet someone who also loves gex too. I think they tend to get a little overlooked in the shadow of the bigger herps.

I only have a couple of very poor pics, but hopefully we should be getting an extra lens for the camera to improve it's poor macro. If you don't want to wait I could always post up the dodgy pics.

Sure, post up the dodgy ones! Actually my partner very kindly bought me a new camera for xmas for that reason, hehehe! Have just been poop-a-scooping and it seems that one of my Dameaum is gravid, YAY! I've only had them 2 weeks, so that's a result!

Hey Saz.

Welcome! I've really been enjoying this thread also. Between yourself and Johan I've totally fallen in love with gekkys. I'm with jnglgrl, I just love their big liquid eyes. And also their cute little fingers!

Sounds like APS is the perfect place for you! :D

Cheers, Lily

Great to hear you're a convert Lily! They are the most beautiful little things.

Here's a picky of the gravid Dameaum. As she has a white belly it's really difficult to
see them in the photo, but they are there! They are clearer in real life. Look for little
white patches, on the left hand side about half way down the belly, and the right hand
side near the base of the hind leg.

Gravid H.Binoei are really obvious. I remember how amazing I found it the first
time I saw it, so I'll post a couple of pics for you guys.

D.Dameaum
25999bc3.jpg

c9286f8a.jpg

H.Binoei
af9f0933.jpg

3d6a60ca.jpg

Great shots Saz, thanks for the list of the photos :wink:
sounds like your going to have baby geckoes everywhere soon

for those that are interested, here is a link to my website for the Malamutes. one day i will get around to finishing it :|

http://mistymtn.customer.netspace.net.au
Cheers
Rob
Ps: hope your hatchling Gex starts eating soon Saz

Yes, I think so Rob! So much fun, lots of babies! Two eggs in the incubator are infertile I think as
they have collapsed in on themselves. I'll leave them in there just incase though.

One of my Williamsi females is digging everywhere BUT the nestbox right now. It's her first time, so she's a
bit confused.

When Priscilla (one of my female Ciliaris) laid her first clutch it was three or four days of wandering around
on the floor looking lost and confused. She eventually worked out what was happening and laid in the
nest box like a good girl. She is due to lay again in a couple of days.

Like the website. Those dogs are just ADORABLE! How did you get into them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back