Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza90

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls! How are we all?

I'm Gary and I've just broken my herp-virginity! I'd done a whole lot of research, books/internet etc. and read a lot on here, so when I bought my little SWCP two weeks ago, I though I'd make a membership here and join in on the fun :p I've always had a huge fascination with reptiles (especially snakes and dragons) and finally, at the age of 21, gave in and got myself a snake!

His name is Flynn, I'm guessing he is about a yearling?

He's still a bit flighty, with being put into a new environment and all, spends a lot of time in the corner behind his leaves, by the basking light (be it day or night, on or off!!) So I actually haven't seen too much of him over the last couple of weeks, have caught him out at night a few times and during the day for his feeding last week and also found him cooling down as well, so managed to get a few pics of him then! :) He tagged me a few times in the pet-shop when I first handled him, but since then he's been pretty cool when I have handled him, just gets a bit defensive at first.

Hope to get some more pictures up of him as he grows !!

Attachments

• DSCN0056.jpg
    DSCN0056.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0061.jpg
    DSCN0061.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 172
  • IMGA0003.jpg
    IMGA0003.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMGA0004.jpg
    IMGA0004.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 171
Hello and good morning! Welcome to the forum, that's a lovely fella you've got there, and a nice set up. Whereabouts are you from?
When are you getting the next one? I only ask because my sister and I got a hatchling Stimson's as our first... Now we've got 9! It's very much an addiction! I want more, but unfortunately our power bill dictates otherwise:( Once I've changed the heat sources in most of our enclosures though, we'll re-visit the idea:D
Have a look around, there's heaps of info here, and pretty much everyone's very nice and helpful.
cheers!

Yeah an early morning for me! I live in Perth and just came off night shift haha! Yeah the set up was pretty costy, even with the discount I got (pays to know people in the business ;)) but I'm happy with it (for now!). Once he's ready for another enclosure I'll probably get a Stimson's or two and put them in that one, because he'll want an upright tank so that he can climb a bit more, my friend has a South Western Carpet Python as well, but his is almost 7ft long and looking at his viv, I'll definitely need to make a change in a little while. Also going to get a whole troop of Beardies haha :) I can see myself getting very easily addicted, I'm already eyeing up BHP's for when I get my Cat4 license :)

Nice looking carpet. The have to be one of my favorit snakes there is such good pattens and personality.
It always starts at 1 then the seem to multiply and change species and steal money from your wallet... I had 1 roughly 2 years ago and I just got my 9th snake a couple of weeks ago and I have a turtle aswell

Sweet! Yeah, I got home from night shift about an hour ago, but I slept heaps yesterday, so I'll probably have a hell of a time trying to get some rest before I go back in tonight. I love BHP's, one of them and a RSP are next on my need list. I mean want list. Eventually I'm going to get me a GTP, they're stunning. But they'll probably all have to wait til I move house and build a dedicated rep room. i've got a turtle as well, and a couple of water dragon's, and a merten's water monitor. I think that's it, at least as far as reps go.

Thanks, Zeke!
I'd like to get into turtles or something semi-aquatic! I think a water dragon or mopnitor would be my way to go. I see so many cool species that I'd like to look after, but WA licensing laws outrule a lot of them!!

Very nice setup (love the bird nest idea!) and a stunning snake. I feel for you being in WA but at least you can have something I guess.

He absolutely loved that birds nest!! Felt really secure in there, I think. But since I decorated the viv a little more he's forgotten all about it, got a little shelf-like section by the basking lamp now, covered by all the leaves haha. Thanks! He's a little heart breaker :p

Welcome :) nice python. Im pretty new here too. Iv found this site is addictive :D im always on haha

Yeah I can't stop reading :D No doubt I'll be on here hounding you guys whenever I think something's gone wrong or I'm being paranoid haha

Still chilling out in his little corner haha. He did come down to leave me a little present though through the night :p. Hopefully with a couple more feeds he'll become a bit more comfortable with his enclosure. It is a little bit big for him I'd say, but my mate who owns a fair few snakes/dragons and who works at the pet shop (actually sold me my snake) said it'll be fine, he'll just take a little while to get over the shock of it all. Hope he comes right :) Have caught him out at night (obviously a bit more comfortable when he feels he can't be seen) draping himself over all the furnishings (even the back side of the lock! :D)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back