Heya all..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey just a quick intro, im in the process of getting my licence to keep reptiles so im still new to all of this...

23 male from sydney, im in two mind of getting lizards or a snake... ill do a little research on here and make my mind up then!

keen to learn lots of new things about these reptiles so alot of reading must be done!!

thanks,

joe

hey Joe and welcome to the site and hobby, which can both prove very addictive lol
As I'm sure you'll notice, there is tons of info on almost everything you could imagine in relation to keeping reptiles, so if you're ever in need just do a search or if that fails, start a thread n ask away =)

Lizzies n snakes are both awesome animals to keep, though you'll probably find snakes a tad easier in regards care, feeding etc..
Though it's up to you!

Good luck and once again welcome and hope you enjoy the site!

Cheers,

thals 8)

:shock: lol says who :p

Snakes can be very entertaining, particularly once they grow to a good size n you introduce em to a group of ophidiophobes :lol:

In all seriousness though they are a great joy to keep, though I guess you'll discover this in time.
Lizards are fascinating too and have a lot of personality which i think is what you're referring to, lots of fun to keep and worth the extra effort as well :)

lol yea thats always fun:p But yea, i prefer lizards like the smaller dragons, so active and so fund to watch. Snakes are cool aswell just not as entertaining

hehe thanks all

my mate has a few of these geckos, he said they are leaf tailed geckos but their tails are just a thicker lumpy long bit not really shaped like a leaf at all!

he sent me a pic to post up to work out what they exactly are because i looked up on google and only found the leaf tail to be something different!

does anyone know what they are? any clue at all?

theyre only small roughly 4-5cms long so they might still be babies..

Thats a Diplodactylus vittatus or eastern stone gecko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back