Hi, Can anyone help me with a Legless Lizard. (Paradelma orientalis)?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

show.it.off

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

i'm new to this site,

Can anyone tell me what kind of UV light or heat mat i need for this kind of lizard?

And when do i need it on?

Many thanks all!

You would have to have the heat mat on to obtain a temperature so you will need a thermostat. The UV light however is debatable you can use it to simulate day/night but lots of people mostly vets will tell you that the UV being so close will cause cancer, thats why most vets I have spoken to say that you should just try to take them out into the sun every few days.

Thanks for the advice! also, i have done alot of searching, but i cannot find anything about how to make a good/safe enclusre for them, i have a big tank, any advice there?

cheers!

the person you brought it off should off told you all this... or did you just take it from the bush?

G'day show.it.off,

Husbandry techniques will depend on what species of legless lizard you are keeping. Are you able to provide some background information about your choice and your history of keeping reptiles? They don't make great first pets unfortunately.

Hi,

I found it on the side of the road with a bird swooping it, Its a got a few gash marks, so i thought i should take care of iy. i know they do not make great pets, but i have him in a good size tank and its looks nice to see him in there. I have had other small lizards and frogs.

If anyone can tell me what kind of heat mat? what temperature? i know what to feed it, but not sure about water? have not had these kind of lizards before.

thanks!

take it straight to a vet or ring a local wildlife carer who can look after it properly..

Poor bird, just trying to feed it's chicks...

Release it mate, it will be fine. Its illegal to take them from the wild

Hey yeh its illegal and not only that but more than likely whilst u may think you are "caring" for it your doing it no favours by keeping a wild animal who is not used to people and enclosed conditions. Best to take it to the vet and then have it released as to not cause stress. Plus, they really really dont make good pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back