Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Essu

Reaction score
Hi, everybody, I'm Su. I've just been browsing the forums recently before joining.

I've been interested in snakes for a while, but just around now thought about getting one as a future pet. Unfortunatley I'm still a student and in my last months of yr. 12 :roll: (bad timing on my part to start liking herps), so I just wanted to introduce myself in case there's future radio silence.

I hope you all don't mind if I ask questions for future reference .

I live around the Sydney Bankstown area, I hope there's others out there. :p

Welcome to the family, nothing stopping you getting a python while at uni try something small like a stimson

Hi, Mayo!
Yeah, I can imagine owning one that far in the future.. but uni's still a bit eerie.
Stimson? I've heard nothing but good things about children's and MD's as first snakes too!

I don't suggest childrens as first snakes due to the fact they can be pretty bity during the juvinile stage. But a stimson hatchie will live comfortably in a ft*ft container in a uni room, with a small heat mat. Why is uni eerie I thought it was fun.

haven't been there yet :p
Money's a bit tight, how much are stimsons usually?

If you can go through a breeder, 180+ In a pet shop 300+, Find a reputable breeder when you decide to purchase a reptile. Or order one from southern cross, or one of those type places. You can set up a decent little enclosure for about $80 bucks, all you need is a click clack type container, heat mat for 1/3 the size of the enclosure, water dish, and a couple of hides. Hides can be anything they can climb into and hide.

I'll just let you no that this place can get a little firey abut some topic's, power feeding etc, don't worrie about them most have been breeding for a long time and are set in there ways, they don't like to hear that people are doing it a different way. Good luck at your uni, and good luck choosing your python.

Not everyone it's usually very civil, but some poor kid jumped in the other day showing of his new hatchie and it ended up with over 250 threads befor the mod's locked it had nothing to do with the kid his thread just got hijacked

enjoy your journey through the english hsc Su and welcome to the site

Cats! Make sure you don't mention cats!

I didn't do my HSC. Went to college then straight to uni. But for some reason I have nightmares about it ATLEAST once a week :shock:

Goodluck. And welcome :D

My BHP tried to eat my cat! That will serve Rosie right for playing chicken with a big snake!

My other half's cat likes to paw at the side of the BHP enclosure if the BHP ever gets out that cat is history. The BHP would down it and still ask for more.

LOL - thanks for the warning, GreenWillow

junglemad - ahh, yes, journeys - won't be able to forget journeys for a while now!

Your not hijacking this thread and turning it into another cat thread are you mayo??? :D:D:D

Welcome to the site essu, I am sure you will find plenty of info on here for you to learn from. There are a ,ot of knowledgeable people and a lot that think they are....:D:D

Some topics that you might want to stay away from: Hybrids, Integrades, Breeding, Feeding, Housing, Hides, Enclosure sizes, Temperature gradients, Thermostats as well as any other topic you can think of... :shock:

Nah, that was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell. You will find that even though some firey debates can and do often start up, by the end of it most of the people here will show that they are very friendly and helpful, even towards those that they wanted to throttle during the last debate outbreak... :lol:

Welcome and enjoy yourself, but be careful cause once you get the first herp, you have no choice, the addiction WILL set in and you WILL want more. ;)

I seem to be hijacking everybody's threads tonight, doing a night shift and bored out of my brain. It's O.K i'm not the nasty type.

LOL mayo, glad your not nasty. :D

I think you summed it up pretty well in the first paragraph SW, but your forgot to add, that you are not allowed an opinion, because there is something wrong with you if you have an opinion that doesn't coincide with those that are much holyer than us plebs.....:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back