Hi from Macks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macksreptiles

Not so new Member
Reaction score
G'day all, new to the site ,been cruising it for a couple of days and thought it was about time we introduced ourselves.My wife and i live on the mid north coast of NSW with our four dogs ,four pythons,a scaly foot and a velvet gecko. Hoping to get some pics up soon .i'm also looking forward to learning a bit more about my favourite pastime and expanding my collection which was quite large until i was broken into and someone stole nearly all of it :evil:.

Hi Macks,

You will have a great time here, lovely people,

thanks for the welcome folks! quick question;if you don't handle your snakes very often are they inclined to get a bit snappy,which seems to be the case with my olives

Welcome aboard mate!!!!

I believe that if you dont handle them regular for example once or twice a week they tend to get a bit snappy my coastal was tame as then we left her for a lil while not being handled and now she just want's to snap at everything.

I have a jungle python who used to snap at everything anything anyone lol including the glass to get us the fiancee and i get it out more now and he has tamed right down and hasnt bitten us or anything for sometime i believe the more there handled the more relaxed they become with you
JMO it may be wrong but JMO

Hi Mr and Mrs Macks....can you tell me please where on the mid north coast you are, as my children and myself are new here as well maybe we can put heads together over a bourbon....lol

regards

Nambucca region,like you looking to hear from other mid north coast herpers

thanks for the welcome folks! quick question;if you don't handle your snakes very often are they inclined to get a bit snappy,which seems to be the case with my olives

Totally dependent on the animal, I never handle any of my snakes and yet of 8 pythons there's only one that I cannot simply hand to my 5YO son to hold.

I'm on the mid north coast too, near Port Macquarie, lots of herpers and nice animals in collections around here. Welcome to the area - fabulous climate! As you've pointed out, security is a constant concern unfortunately, but I would be interested to make your acquaintance sometime if you're interested. I go up to Coffs sometimes because I have a very cheap glass supplier there - makes the trip worthwhile (and it's a nice drive!) PM if you feel inclined.

Jamie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back