Hi, Thinking of getting a Lizard !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.I don't mind if you can't really handle them. How big do they get ? How big of an enclosure do I need to house one, for the rest of it's life ?

Thanks.I don't mind if you can't really handle them. How big do they get ? How big of an enclosure do I need to house one, for the rest of it's life ?
Your not going to be able to house any of these animals in the same enclosure for their whole life, it will either be too big or too small. Best thing to ask is what is the best size for a baby and what's the best for an adult.

Thanks. I know that. Of course they will be living in different enclosure. ( <<Sorry if that sounded rude, I put that in the wrong way. I'm not trying to be rude.)about the above post ^ Sounded like they where going to live in the same enclosures.

Last edited:
I have a blue tongue that is now in a 4' enclosure,but has grown through a 2' and then a 3'.I also have pygmy and central bearded dragons that went through 2'-3'-4' enclosures and even 1 that lives in a 2metre .So you can't start with a final enclosure but must work your way up.
They are all great reptiles for beginners and old timers,very friendly,easy to feed and easy to care for.

and of course , make sure you post some pics once your sorted!

Good luck

Your not going to be able to house any of these animals in the same enclosure for their whole life, it will either be too big or too small. Best thing to ask is what is the best size for a baby and what's the best for an adult.

Why buy 2 enclosures when there is no need at all?

A nice 4fter will do a pair of shingles/blueys/beardeds for life. If you have the space/money to go bigger, do it! :)

Exactly, there's no need to start baby blueys/shingles/beardies off in small enclosures like is the case for some snakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back