High Yellow x Black n White Diamond Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kponx

Reaction score
Hi all,
As the title stated, what would the hatchies be if i breed high yellow male with b&w female diamond?
would it be just normal diamond python?
Anyone ever done that before?
Sorry if someone already post this in the forum.
Thank you
kponx

Don't waste the black and white girl, get another black and white male for her. If you do breed them I doubt they would be anything special

So are you saying b&w are rare color?
FYI i have a male high yellow :)

Yep I get that your male is high yellow, but I do think pairing them up will result in normal looking diamonds, whereas if you breed high yellow to high yellow and black and white to black and white, you may end up with some good looking hatchys

they will be a mix. some will be high yellow and some will be black and white. others may be in between.

It won't just be the one colour.

- - - Updated - - -

they will be a mix. some will be high yellow and some will be black and white. others may be in between.

It won't just be the one colour.

I would have thought u would just get y n b colour only unless yr yellow diamond is split to white but babies would b split? Or is the white gene not resessive in diamonds? My girls mum was w n b dad normal but she is very high yellow!

this is what you could end up with this guy was bred from father was high yellow mum was high white so i say go for it you never know what your gunna end up with

Attachments

• jewel 2012 010.jpg
    jewel 2012 010.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 199
Don't waste the black and white girl, get another black and white male for her. If you do breed them I doubt they would be anything special
its not like the animal will be permanently tainted with high yellow blood , its hardly a waste imo

the only way to know is to pair them up.....

no one can guess what they wiil produce mate

no matter what,it's putting more beautiful Diamonds on the planet,so imo all is good:)

cheers shaun

Its not uncommon for diamonds to have both yellow and white. with diamonds you have colour at a) rosettes, usually covering the full scale, and b) the black body scale that has a % of colour.

you can get both a+b yellow
a+b white
a white, b yellow
a complete mixture with both a + b either yellow or white on the one animal.
Even high yellow diamonds will have white bellies.
they can also be a pale yellow (cream) colour.

I have one here that is black and white for the first half of its body then becomes yellow from mid body down.
I have caught a wild one that that had yellow for a quarter, then white for a quarter, then yellow for the next foot or so then white again then a yellow tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back