Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildlifebabe

Reaction score
Hey all fellow reptile owners,
Good to find a forum website where advice is given when needed. I'm new to owning a reptile however have worked and done handling courses on them. Partner and I currently own a Marbled Gecko. Haven't named it yet, although from what I know he is a male. Few photos on my profile to view also. Be good to have a few pals on here. Interested in owning a frilled neck lizard soonish, so it'd be pretty awesome for some past or present owners of the exotic reptile to contact in regard to about the care of them and such.

The names Ally, and I am more than happy to accept messages and friend requests. I love hearing about others experience and those who have the passion for reptiles and wildlife like myself. :)

Hey Ally .My partner and i are also from Mandurah we have 4 stimmies and a south western carpet python,but the kids want frilled necks aswell so they will be on the list soon lol.Welcome to APS and also to reptiles.

That's awesome. Partner and I rent at the moment so trying to find a real estate whom don't freak out about reptiles is almost impossible. Haha. So just a pet gecko at the moment. But hoping to welcome a stimsons and frilled necks soonish. Haha. Great to see someone else from the same state and town. Where do you and your family tend to get your reptile products?

Hi Ally, Im zzzboa's partner. We are also renting. We get our reptiles and reptile food from Ken in rockingham. He has been a fantastic source of knowledge and support. As for the rest, some items we buy online, some from bunnings, sometimes cost plus. It all depends what we are after as to where we get it lol. Look foward to chatting to you more.
Jo

Does your real estate mind? Partner and I are looking for a new lease where reptiles would be accepted. Badly want a stimson haha. Thanks for the feedback. It's great to find someone in the same town with a passion for reptiles like myself and partner. Cost plus is a good place for ornaments. I'm looking for a background poster, bit over the plan blue background. I tend to get most of my supplies from pet city and magic.. however would be nice to find somewhere closer that sell mealworms and small crickets. Great to have some feedback. So cheers to you and your partner. :)

Hi Ally and welcome,how big is Mandurah? I know some more that haven't posted from the same town,you might hear from them later on this thread.Seems very rep friendly Mandurah.

Hi Ally....and welcome....first let me warn you...take absolutely no notice of MadeInNZ or ZZZBoa, they are a pair of total ratbags... ;) unfortunately they're friends of mine....but I guess shyt just happens sometimes....!! :D As you can see I also live in Mandurah. Population of Mandurah...out of tourist season about 80k...a good place for back grounds might be Pet Stock or City Farmers, over Bunnings way. There's also a pet shop in Erskine that sells that stuff. It's basically for fish tanks, but can be used in vivs as well, or do as MadeInNZ and ZZZBoa have done and paint your own, theirs looks great.
I get my food from Ken at Reptile Traders in Rockingham, but I have some other connections that would most likely be cheaper than him for reptiles. His stock is good, but expensive....in my opinion. I got my Stimmie from the Armadale Reptile Centre.....and I have friends in the WA Herp Society where I can get animals from who are very trustworthy. I only have the one Stimmie and that's all I'll ever have.

Anyway, welcome, it's a good site with good people. Cheers, Annie

Haha, someone who has a sense of humour. Love it. Yeah, I have a few mates who have brought reptiles off Ken. Last I seen reptile traders they were near the tafe in rockingham. Is he still there? And whats his trading hours. Want to check out their stock with my partner. Thanks for the advice. Wasn't too sure if petstock sold much.

Surely great to see more locals.

Ken has a good web site...just google him. He's in Dixon Rd. Pet Stock don't sell reptiles, but they do have rolls of background paper for aquariums which could be used for vivs.

You better just watch what your typing with those fingers of yours Grannie.Those there be fighting words you typeing lol:evil:;)

Hi and welcome, don't forget Grannieannies birthday on Sunday : )

Grannieannie must be going senile in her old age, we are perfectly nice people....just ask anyone who doesn't know us :D.

There are many options on backgrounds, painting your own, its not too hard...we don't have allot of talent and we managed it lol. finding a picture you like and getting it printed to size and laminated or finding predone backgrounds in pet stores. The DIY section in here has some great ideas. It all depends on how much time you have. What size enclosure do you have?

We were renting here for 6mths before we asked the land agent and we got the thumbs up.

Grannieannie must be going senile in her old age, we are perfectly nice people....just ask anyone who doesn't know us :D.

There are many options on backgrounds, painting your own, its not too hard...we don't have allot of talent and we managed it lol. finding a picture you like and getting it printed to size and laminated or finding predone backgrounds in pet stores. The DIY section in here has some great ideas. It all depends on how much time you have. What size enclosure do you have?

We were renting here for 6mths before we asked the land agent and we got the thumbs up.

Well you're certainly right on one point.....you two.... DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TALENT ......but your backgrounds aren't too bad....what I do like though is the name plate on the top of the big viv.....that was done by a very inspired artist....

yea i know this crazy old broad that has a bit of talent but how did you know lol?

I highly recommend Ken we discovered his shop in September and you might say it was a very expensive thing to come across as in we got hooked so quick in the life of reptiles. In just 4 months we now own 11 reptiles lol. I myself will not go to another reptile shop. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back