Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

micm66

Reaction score
Just a quick hello to folks here..
My son and I are trying to learn a little more about snakes in general and maybe look at keeping one..
Still need to get the licence thing sorted but once thats done we will be looking to buy something very newbie friendly..
From what I have read here so far whilst I've been lurking, the consensus is that a childrens python would be a good starting point, unless someone thinks differently, let us know..
..... Thanks.. Mick.. :lol:

Hello and welcome :D With all the people joining with their kids lately I'm wondering whether or not I should set up accounts for my two :lol:

It's definitely up to you which snake you feel you'd like to start with....but I'm more of a coastal fan :oops:

Thanks..we really aren't sure what to go for, just something placid and easy to handle..We live in Brisbane so want something suited to the climate, that hopefuly won't have any special needs..

hi and welcome to the site. I have to definitely agree that children/stimson would be the way to go if you are after an easily handled "child friendly" python, although there are plenty of other snakes that are good handler too. The size of the children's is in my case the deciding factor....

Welcome aboard micm :) Enjoy the site and yes, Childreni is a good choice but coastals are great too. Bredl's are pretty placid also and would make a great first "not so common" snake. Whatever you choose, good luck with it :)

Welcome!

My first snake was a Childrens Python, and I have to say she has been a delight to own! I have had her for 15 years now, and she has been the most friendly and easy to look after python I have owned. She's never bitten anyone, and feeds and sheds really well. I hold her quite often, and she will let you do anything. If I need to check her mouth for eg. she just sits nice and still for me!

I used to take her to the library to introduce all the little kids there to snakes, and let them hold her, and she was fantastic!!

If you want a snake that doesn't get too large, I would definitely go the Childrens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back