Hmmm

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcVanEijnsbergen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Was checking in on some Bredli's here in Europe, a pair would cost me 2200 Euros (about the same as US dollars but not sure about AussieDollars). What do they go for in Australia? I know in the US they sell for $750 as hatchlings.

Too bad I can't kepe them in my snakeroom which is for chondros :roll: Oh well, maybe I can find another room soon :lol:

:shock: That would leave enough money for an extra snakeroom :lol: Thanks for the feedback, you are very lucky to have them at that price there :) I love them. BTW, I saw a series of Jeff Corwin this week where he visited "The Red Centre" of Australia. Is this where the Bredli's are found as well? If they are found there and in other places not in the Red Centre, could that explain the differences in the saturation/hue of the reddish brown of these beautiful Pythons?

Yup hatchlings here go for around 300 - 350 Aussie dollars unless like when I bought mine they are in short supply, thats why I had to pay 450.
Bredli are only found in a very small, (comparatively), area in the centre of Australia, more specifically the Southern part of the Northern Territory where it inhabits rock crevices and outcrops also being found in caves and hollow trees. It's colouration differences are more of a "shades of thing" rather than distinctly different colours ranging from Red to a Reddy - Brown.
It is only in recent years that it has been popular more in the hobby here in Aus because it was and advanced licence species until a few years back when it was downgraded in the licencing system now being able to be kept on a basic license. At least that is the case here in Victoria, I am not sure about other states.
They really are a great species to own.

Thanx!

Hey Thanks for explaining cichlid 8) Hmm, well, when I get another snakeroom I will definetely try a pair of Bredli's, they are indeed great and I hear great stories about how well they do in captivitiy. :)

we may have bredl's cheap marc but you have green pythons for a couple of dollars compared to what we have to pay for them :D

Heheh

Yes, it kinda balances it out right? ;)

BTW, I'll post some new pics of my 2002 offspring, some of them are changing a lot already (one started ontogenetic change at 4 months!!!! :shock: ).

Marc

http://python.bogusz.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back