Hobbies other than snakes??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flexxx

Reaction score
What other hobbies do you do other than snakes?
Me personally im a hunter and competition shooter. I ride harleys and BMX with my mates and Mrs. And in the winter months after the rains come in its nature photography.

Feel free to post pics and/or tell everyone about your other hobbies :)

Occassionally I go frog herping just for fun. I mean, it's not that hard when you have several dams in your paddock.
Here are some of my fravorites.

Orange-eyed treefrog
Orange-eyed treefrog.JPG

orange-eyed treefrog 2.JPG

Pobblebonk
pobblebonk.JPG

Not 100% sure about this guy. Think he's a naked treefrog.
naked treefrog.JPG

I do a fair bit of wildlife photography when i go to the koziosko National park to go fishing lol and Im also a musician that plays in orchestras (Sax) or on my own as im a guitarist as well
Capture.PNG
54 Blackguard.jpg

Couple of stock images of my insturments My blackguard 54 was actually used as the stock image lol. Im stuck at home and my No1 Bari is in storage
i mostly play vintage guitars live but my No1 has been this 1954 Fender pre CBS blackguard telecaster for a hell of a long time

Archery. Although im taking a break from it for a bit as im not feeling the lurve for the sport anymore.

My other hobby is my cars, have just sent my 75 fairlane to the restorer for paint & rust repair.
Nice, I love Archery. But Tennis is my true sport. Here's a pic of me in the middle of a match.

117029180_original.jpg

OK so maybe I'm not quite there yet...
[automerge]1616488209[/automerge]
Now on to my third racquet. It's a Wilson Nemesis Open 3.0. Super excited to start using this bad boy.

https://www.rebelsport.com.au/p/wilson-nemesis-open-3.0-tennis-racquet-596829.html
1616487999446.png

Last edited:
Yeah I'll let 'em settle in for a bit, everyone's a bit timid at the moment.
Just fed one of my fish, he’s a bloody little devil.
bit my finger because he wanted more than one fish.

trout gudgeons, little monsters they are.
46493F9D-0837-4CC3-93FD-8F964DC20B4A.jpeg

[automerge]1620541716[/automerge]
Nice! Tropical fish are the bomb. Especially them little neons. You gotta show us a pic Kev!
Yeah, but nothing compares to rainbow fish or large aussie natives like catfish, bass, perch and grunters.
[automerge]1620542086[/automerge]
What other hobbies do you do other than snakes?
Me personally im a hunter and competition shooter. I ride harleys and BMX with my mates and Mrs. And in the winter months after the rains come in its nature photography.

Feel free to post pics and/or tell everyone about your other hobbies :)
I keep tons of rainbow fish and breed them.

7D937997-9613-44E9-8AA5-24DED4F7F43D.jpeg
My neosilurus ater (black eel tailed catfish) tank.

2A47AB8E-5E71-46E3-B867-20745506A226.jpeg

My four foot (soon to be a six foot) rainbow fish display
[automerge]1620542340[/automerge]
I just set up a small tank, slightly under 2ft, prob 3/4 full holding about 30 litres, a school of 10 Neon tetras and 4 sparkling gouramis. Stoked with it.
Sweet!
Sparkling gouramis are so pretty, haven’t see them around where i live though.

Last edited:
Just fed one of my fish, he’s a bloody little devil.
bit my finger because he wanted more than one fish.

trout gudgeons, little monsters they are.
View attachment 331083
[automerge]1620541716[/automerge]

Yeah, but nothing compares to rainbow fish or large aussie natives like catfish, bass, perch and grunters.
[automerge]1620542086[/automerge]

I keep tons of rainbow fish and breed them.

View attachment 331082My neosilurus ater (black eel tailed catfish) tank.

View attachment 331084

My four foot (soon to be a six foot) rainbow fish display
[automerge]1620542340[/automerge]

Sweet!
Sparkling gouramis are so pretty, haven’t see them around where i live though
Very nice man. I'd like to get into fish somewhere down the road, however reptiles are my true passion.
Still some of our native fish are pretty cool though. Catfish are awesome. Mouth almighty are pretty cool as well.

Very nice man. I'd like to get into fish somewhere down the road, however reptiles are my true passion.
Still some of our native fish are pretty cool though. Catfish are awesome. Mouth almighty are pretty cool as well.
Nothing compares to a saratoga or, if you can afford one a Queensland Lungfish.

Latest posts

Back