Holidays and scaly friends

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal_Cleo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Every summer my partner and I spend 5-6 weeks holidaying on the north coast. Our dog always comes with us, the fish have an automatic feeder and as for the snake... well I've been able to line up a mate who is happy to feed my coastal python, tidy her enclosure and make sure she has fresh water while I'm away.

It was actually pretty hard to find someone who not only is comfortable handling my snake, but who will be staying local over the Christmas holidays and who I trust enough to leave with a set of keys to my home for over a month while I'm in another state.

I know there are kennels available for dogs and cats but is there any kind of equivalent for reptiles?

What do you do with your reptiles while you're away?

I get my bro to make sure they have water, but I don’t bother with feeding them while I’m away except for under ones year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trained my girlfriend and my little sister, so if I am away with my girlfriend my little sister is in charge.It's really the best way to do it.

5-6 weeks with no food isn't a problem for mature snakes,water could be provided with a rat dripper or similar.If you're worried about heat if you don't have a thermo,just turn the heat off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back