Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So
The cat foot print is in fact a wild pig track,
pigs leave this type of mark when the front trotter leaves a track then the back trotter steps into the first trotters track,
usually they are changing stride ,

There were some things about that print that I wasn't happy about, but if you say it's a pig then that makes sense as there are pigs around. I've never seen pig prints before and couldn't see how a pig could make a track like that (still can't) but I'll take your word for it - and do some more research of my own.

:p

Hix

Well, the weather sucked most of the time I was on the island. It either rained or looked like rain for most of the time, and there was a lot of very strong cold winds. But there were a few rays of sunshine. Saw plenty of herps and birds. I'm just glad I got in before Christmas - it's gonna be a madhouse there in a fortnight!

Two different Black Tiger snakes (also saw a Pygmy Copperhead but it disappeared into the undergrowth before I could get a pic of it. Heath Monitors.

Attachments

• Black Tiger Snake.jpg
    Black Tiger Snake.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 54
  • Black Tiger Snake closeup.jpg
    Black Tiger Snake closeup.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 56
  • second Black Tiger Snake.jpg
    second Black Tiger Snake.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Heath Monitor.jpg
    Heath Monitor.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Heath Monitor pair fighting.jpg
    Heath Monitor pair fighting.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 77
Superb Blue Wren male and female. These guys spent a goood fifteen minutes bouncing around my windshield and side windows trying to catch flies on the inside of the car, and chasing other little insects attracted to the vehicle. Completely unperturbed by me and my camera.
And a Cape Barren Goose.

Attachments

• Blue Wren 1.jpg
    Blue Wren 1.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Blue Wren 2.jpg
    Blue Wren 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Blue Wren female.jpg
    Blue Wren female.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Blue Wren Female preen.jpg
    Blue Wren Female preen.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Cape Barren Goose.jpg
    Cape Barren Goose.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 53
Australian Sealions - cold and windy day, looked like it was gonna bucket down any moment. But I still managed to get some half decent shots.

The third pic is of a pair of subadult males play fighting. The last is a pup suckling - he's just moved from one nipple to another (previous nipple visible as the black knub).

Attachments

• sealion 36.jpg
    sealion 36.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 40
  • sealion scratch.jpg
    sealion scratch.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 50
  • young males playfighting.jpg
    young males playfighting.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 52
  • pup.jpg
    pup.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 49
  • pup suckling.jpg
    pup suckling.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 50
Two echidnas, Tamar Wallaby, Kangaroo Island Kangaroo joey, and a New Zealand Fur Seal.

Attachments

• echidna.jpg
    echidna.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 48
  • another Echidna.jpg
    another Echidna.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 45
  • tammar.jpg
    tammar.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 43
  • KI Kangaroo Joey.jpg
    KI Kangaroo Joey.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 47
  • NZ Fur Seal.jpg
    NZ Fur Seal.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 41
Yellowtailed Black Cockatoo, New Holland Honey-eater, Pacific Gull, Hooded Plover, Pied Cormorants.

Attachments

• Cockatoo.jpg
    Cockatoo.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 44
  • New Holland Honeyeater.jpg
    New Holland Honeyeater.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Pacific Gull.jpg
    Pacific Gull.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 141
  • plover.jpg
    plover.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 43
  • cormorants.jpg
    cormorants.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 48
Koala, Tawny Dragon (displaying), Me and one of the biggest grass trees I have ever seen, a sign meant to discourage tourists, and a sunset from Cape Borda.

Oh, and thanks for all the nice comments guys!

Hix

Attachments

• Koala.jpg
    Koala.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Tawny Dragon.jpg
    Tawny Dragon.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Me and Grass tree.jpg
    Me and Grass tree.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 62
  • sign.jpg
    sign.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Sunset.jpg
    Sunset.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 46
Great photos Hix. That one of the heath monitors is a cracker!

your female superb blue wren is actually a male, note the blue tail. the combat photo of the heath monitors is fantastic. i bet you'll remember coming across those two for a long time. enjoy the rest of your holiday.

your female superb blue wren is actually a male, note the blue tail.

Good call. I was basing my ID on the reddish periothalmic ring, as females can have a blue-ish colour to the tail. And her tail was not a distinctive blue.

AS for the monitors, I was heading for the ferry and had got lost when I came upon these guys on the road puffing at one another. I waited for five minutes before they got down to it, and then it was very quick and all over in about a minute. I got several shots, but that one was one of the better ones. Then they broke apart and one chased the other off into the bush, at high speed.

Hix

Geez mate it would be quicker for you to list the animals you didn't see! Great photos looks like an eventful trip.

my gosh they are amazing photos!
you are lucky to be able to see all these creatures in their natural habitat.
where was the photos of the fur seals taken? (the ones in the snow, i think they were fur seals?)

Nice photography mate!

Heath Monitors shot is a ripper well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back