Home sound system

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetras

Reaction score
Hey every1.
Im looking at trying to start up my own in house rave party style sound system.
I mainly need help with the sound part of it. because i figure i can buy some lights and a smoke machine off ebay pretty easily and they dont need much know how to set up.
So if any1 can help me out id be muchly appreciated.

how much $$$ d you have to spend?
i DJ'd clubs for many years.
and have a big party system.

what exactly do you want to do?

how much $$$ d you have to spend?

thats the question....and is it for a one off rave or something more permanent? i know most clubs in sydney lease most of their hardware, you get more bang for your buck that way(something worth considering if it just a one off party) and i know then guy who leases to them

hey i dont know how much i have to spend on them. probably about 2500 to 3000.
Its more for a permanent set up.

so you will need an amp. And a speaker + horn stack. Probably dual 12" + horn per stack.
A mid, high + sub setup will cost alot more.
Buy an EQ later.
Is this just for partys? Or home dj?

Do you require, or are you using turntables, CD players or laptop?

whatever you use to play the music you will want it loud for a rave so I would go something like this....

run your source into a small mixer like this (about $100)....
mixer

from the mixer to a crossover like this for $170
crossover

then from the high outputs of the stereo channel in the crossover to some powered speakers like these for a total cost of $720 for the 2
Powered Speaker - Active Monitor - 300W RMS, 12" - Swamp Industries

and the low outputs of the stereo channel from the crossover to an amp like this for $1070
TASSO I2 1800W (2x550W Stereo) Power Amplifier, 19" - Swamp Industries

from that power amp the low signal would then be sent to two subs like these for $600/pair
Passive 18" Subwoofer 600W RMS - Swamp Industries

Mount the powered speakers high in each corner of the room and the subs on the floor in opposite corners. Almost complete set up for under $3000 .... you could also get a dual 31 band EQ to help EQ the room properly and get the most out of your subs

hey thanks nightowl, really helpful :)

Now ive gotta wait to start vintage to get some money lol. thanks for the replys guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back