Homers escaped!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDeDah

Reaction score
I went on school camp and came back friday to find no snake in the snake cage :( I have torn the house apart but I think he has left the house as their are three doors to the outdoors in where he is staying. I got up at 12am today with a torch to no avail. I will do the flour thing tonight but where should I put the flour? I will also put a heatpad under a shoe box andput a mouse inside and hope (if he is in the house) that he will curl up their. I hope I find my baby soon :( Also is their anyone I need to notify about the escapee?

My mates ex didn't lock his snakes up properly while he was in hospital and 2 got out.
He found one several days later by laying plastic bags/ empty JD cans everywhere and laying a few mice out and about as well as dripping the water from them around to leave the scent everywhere and turned off the lights and waited till he herd it moving.

The other he found like 4 months later in his linnen cupboard which was in the same cupboard as the water heater.

The sprinkling of powder across doorways is simply to determine if the snake has entered another room. Use of food bait is to determine if the snake is in a specific room.

Snakes have the ability of going without food for a long period of time. Consequently an escapee may secret itself in a suitable spot in the house and become inactive for several months. So lack of signs of activity does not necessarily mean the snake has vacated the house.

I wish you luck,
Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back