Hot in Darwin today!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveNT

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Came up the stairs for lunch thinking, bloody hell it's hot today!

Out on the bacony here's what I found

Ess in his newfound semi submerged GTP pose.

DSC_0404.jpg

Sweetie playing Anaconda

DSC_0405.jpg

And the big fella Azzi squeezed into his waterbowl. He's just about to shed and usually disappears under the astroturf but has chosen to go for a wet slough this time!

DSC_0407.jpg

And me, I've got the work clobber off and I'm about to hop in the spa!

I agree about the excessive heat today. Problem is I had two burst water mains on my footpath and the water was turned off from 11am until about 5 minutes ago. FINALLY I can go for a shower after working in the yard all day. Hopefully the brown tinge disappears pretty quickly though... looks gross! They assure me it's safe just a bit smelly. :?

35o, max humidity and the sun has real bite! We have a low pressure system sucking away all our anticipated rain but it will come over to us in the next day or two. 20% chance of it going cyclonic over the weekend. I dont think so but Monica (cat 5) formed on Anzac day a few years ago. Better bloody not! I going up into the Finnis River floodplains, swamps and monsoon forests (all flooded) for 5 days on Wednesday.

As long as the weather behaves itself between the 7th to 18th of May I will be happy.

coming from melbourne,no offence but isnt stating hot in darwin today stating the bleeding obvious,its hot every day up there,lol

nice pics,we have to defrost water bowls down here if snakes want to soak,lol

No some times it's freezing in Darwin, it got down to 12.5 overnight once last year.
That's pretty dam cold for us locals.

12.5 as a low,often we struggle getting that as a high,lol

living up there though,must be hot if you can feel it more so than usual,the humidity must be shocking at times

Last edited:
I agree about the excessive heat today. Problem is I had two burst water mains on my footpath and the water was turned off from 11am until about 5 minutes ago. FINALLY I can go for a shower after working in the yard all day. Hopefully the brown tinge disappears pretty quickly though... looks gross! They assure me it's safe just a bit smelly. :?[/QUOT
There was a burst water main in Palmie this morning, that was about 6am (saw it on the way to work)

Richardsc, yeah but up here we don't have heaters (lots of us don't even own socks) so that's bluddy cold : )

As long as the weather behaves itself between the 7th to 18th of May I will be happy.

You coming up for a squiz?

Last edited:
Yep coming up to try and catch some Oenpelli's with Gavin Bedford. Plus have a look around.

lol @socks

yeah would feel cold for you guys,12.5 up there would be no socks and shorts weather for us poor southerners though,i feel warm now and it struggled to reach 23 degrees as a high today

I agree about it being hot today, was barely a breeze where I was working, and the I could feel the humidity, beats being at home at the moment, I don't think it's stopped raining in the last week down there.

35o, max humidity and the sun has real bite! We have a low pressure system sucking away all our anticipated rain but it will come over to us in the next day or two. 20% chance of it going cyclonic over the weekend. I dont think so but Monica (cat 5) formed on Anzac day a few years ago. Better bloody not! I going up into the Finnis River floodplains, swamps and monsoon forests (all flooded) for 5 days on Wednesday.

Yep sucking the rain away from you guys and depositing it down here, its been ******* down for two days, the rivers are all muddy....but the low is being good and the swell is UP from the Nor east!!! And I have the next three days off!! Haha... one man's trash is another man's treasure!! Enjoy the swamps Steve, I'll be thinking of ya, in between waves!! I hope it does go cyclonic and said cyclone makes it all the way over to the east coast and sits a few hundred k's of the coast and spins itself stupid, oh its getting to the best time of year!!

Might have to clink a glass? Ab 91
I am always up for a drink, still don't know what I will be doing or where I will be for the whole time. We will see if we can work something out when it get closer.

Ha ha cement! I was a surf nut until I was 17 and arrived in Darwin straight after Tracy, I watched the surfers at Lee Point bolt for shore (during Cyclone Rachel) when a 3 meter salty popped it's head up while they were sitting out the back :shock: So yea no surfing for me these decades! Also gave up scuba diving after running into a 5 meter salty on a reef 60km offshore.

But everything else is good, especially the heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back