houing in pairs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmdog

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
whats the go with housing a pair, should they be housed from day 1 in the click clack so that they get used to being together only seperating during feeds and if housing permently how do you determine the sized enclosure?

I used to keep a lot of stuff in pairs, but it makes it more difficult, especially in larger collections.

If you're going to keep them in a pair, make the enclosure about 50% bigger than normal. As long as they are male/female, it is normally OK to put them together whenever.

MAKE SURE YOU SEPERATE THEM DURING FEEDING. You WILL have a dead snake if you do it too many times.

Also, I have seen animals constrict another after being put back in the enclosure after having a feed...it really is just easier and safer to keep them seperate.

hey there farmdog i dont know the formule but i have my olives housed together currently in a 6ftLx3ftWx3ftH and thats plenty enough i do however for ease of cleaning and all will be getting a duel cell cage for them both as the cage there in atm is really ****

ill downgrade the size but they will live alone in the new cages

i was going to make a duel cell that was 5-6ftLx2ftHx2-2.5ftH

3ft wide dosent fit thru doors or up hallways as i found out.... and 3ft tall is a pain in the ass for the olives i have a nice branch system in there for em but its FKN heavy and they have a tendency on pooing in the tinyest square of paper around the heavy log.... so as u can imagin its a pain in the ass

Yeah, 2 foot deep is enough. Make it taller, they like a bit of a climb. Normally over big rocks and stuff, but a few like to hang out on branches.

I make all my enclosures in 6 foot long, 7 foot tall banks. I always have a 100mm kicker at the bottom, too. So if I were you, I'd make the enclosures 6 feet wide, 3 feet tall. Make it so it splits in the middle for easy manouvering.

Were you once at Bunnings looking for a spot globe, and a slighlty overweight (fat) bloke with a beard overheard your conversation?

hahhaa yep that was me johnno only figured out who u were yesterday thanks to liberated

hows working at venom supplys that would be an awsum job would love that

It's fantastic. Today I watch Coastal Taipans hatch, fed some Eyelash Vipers, played with some Pseudechis butleri...couldn't be better...

how are you heating a 6x3x3 box?

I'm thinking a 160watt heat panel and probe thermo...

Too much?

I think one of the herp trader guys built a huge olive enclosure with under tile heating... yeah?

got any pics of the lighting/heating kenshin?
I'm trying to go for a low profile heating setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back