housing blue tongues outside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

princessparrot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey,

i have a few questions about keeping them outdoors:

is 1.5m x 60cm x 60cm ok
what is something good to put in for them to burrow into(straw, leaves ect)
can they drink from one of those water dispensers
can/should i put plants in. will they eat them(not that i care), and what would be safe?
should i go for an eastern or blotched blue tongue?(i live in canberra)

any info would be good

thanks

Hey, i keep them outside, with a few different bark subtrates. Just get them a water dish. If i was you i would head down to the reptile shop in Kambah and have a look at theirs. Pete will be able to help you out.

How many are you wanting to keep in that enclosure? Remember that two male blue tongues can end up fighting, although pete has quite a few stompers in his pits and i assume theyre getting along

- ybn

SAM_1144.JPGSAM_1138.JPGSAM_1145.JPGSAM_1143.JPGSAM_1146.JPGSAM_1140.JPGSAM_1136.JPGSAM_1137.jpgSAM_1135.jpgthats what i did with my tasmanian blotchies i have burried C section as a hide up the back. each of mine are 6 foot by 3foot and have 2 in each :)

Hey Tas that looks good ,did you dig the walls into the ground?remember they are good at digging.I built one about 15 foot by 10 foot with a divided section about 4 x 10 for the mother and the rest was for the 4 children we kept.Rocks,big logs and plenty of plants to keep it natural plus dog food bowls for feed and water.I just built a new indoor one 4x2x2 and am using red gum chips for substrate

Hey Tas that looks good ,did you dig the walls into the ground?remember they are good at digging.I built one about 15 foot by 10 foot with a divided section about 4 x 10 for the mother and the rest was for the 4 children we kept.Rocks,big logs and plenty of plants to keep it natural plus dog food bowls for feed and water.I just built a new indoor one 4x2x2 and am using red gum chips for substrate
the base is completely enclosed by mouse mesh (small metal wire) so they wont be escaping :)
on top of the mesh is a layer of blue metal for drainage then dirt then leaf litter :)

Hey, i keep them outside, with a few different bark subtrates. Just get them a water dish. If i was you i would head down to the reptile shop in Kambah and have a look at theirs. Pete will be able to help you out.

How many are you wanting to keep in that enclosure? Remember that two male blue tongues can end up fighting, although pete has quite a few stompers in his pits and i assume theyre getting along

- ybn

im planning on keeping just one

yeah, i've been wanting to go see them for awhile ;)

blotched or eastern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back