housing pygmy dragons together

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarus

Reaction score
hey guys,

i have a one year old pygmy bearded dragon - we have no idea what sex he is. a few people have told us he might be a girl, but we've referred to him as a boy since we first got him, so that's just what i tend to call him:p. anyway. he's great, really docile, feeds well, is growing beautifully. yesterday we bought another pygmy - this one we know is a girl. she's about 4 weeks old, and a bit less than a third of his size. what i want to know is, what are people's experiences with housing beardies together? how did you go about introducing them to each other? we've let them spend some time together - mainly running around on our bed etc, and SOME time in his tank (but closely watched). they've licked each other, climbed all over each other, and the boy has shown none of his aggression signs (normally when he's grumpy he puffs out his beard, head butts things, hisses, etc). the little girl just acts submissive and occasionally climbs on him and follows him round. when we're not supervising them they are separated - we've put a glass divider in his tank so they can see each other but not touch each other, and we've fed them both separately. oh, and the tank is 4x2x2ft

in summary, we really want to house them together and they seem to be fine so far. but we would like some suggestions before we make a big mistake!
:?

no-one's got any suggestions/experience?

Last edited:
I kinda have the same questions with my four beardies.Squish is 5mths old a real sookie la-la when it comes to life in general.He has already accepted the fact that two crazy chiahuahua's share the house (lots of licks when he sees them) and will happily spens the whole day with me.We recently purchased three hatchlings,about 3wks old,they are all housed together.When is it safe to start introducing the beardie babies to squish.We are hoping to get at least one female from the three.
And i don't want to make a huge and expensive mistake.
So c'mon people post a reply.

I've seen people house them together with no issues. As long as they are roughly the same size there shouldn't be a problem. Even feeding in the tank should be ok as long as there is plenty of food to go around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back