Housing Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well one new enclosure is up and running and one is about to be.
Now that Baby (female Coastal) has moved in, I've realised what a huge space she lives in, admittedly she is only a yearling, but I am just curious...

If I was to get her a boyfriend, when they are of similar size, (of course I'd separate them for feeding and provide enough hide spaces), could they live together?

Same question for Tiffany (female Diamond), if I was to get her a boyfriend.

The enclosures are 1200h x 800w x 650d.

Anyone housed members of these species together?
Look forward to all your opinions, annecdotes, and whatever else may come :)

Well if it is any help my coastals have lived together without any problems whatsoever and they are 6 footers. I don't keep them permanently together but just when I feel like like it and they don't seem to mind. Seperation is important I think only when attempting to breed from them which I will be doing next season. My Bredl's which are yearlings and only about 4 foot long have lived together permanently for the last year and are only seperated for a day when I feed them. I keep a close eye for only a few minutes each time they are fed and put back together and so far not a single problem. Can't speak for the diamonds, as after all they are only a girls best friend, as I have never been lucky enough to own them. I would say go for it but keep a close eye on them at first. The pleasure of seeing their interaction or to see them coiled up together makes it all worthwhile to me :)

Nicole I have 2 yearling Coastals which are housed together with only 1 problem so far, the male eats more than the female, but I think that is just her taking a while to settle in.
I have 3 hides for them but their seem to spend more time on the tree branch or tucked up in the corner of the door frame.

IMAO

I would think in an enclosure that size if they have enough hides and are well fed and not both males and are similar sized they should be able to coexist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back