Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful snakes, thank you. The variety is seemingly never ending.

Shame our BTS don't quite have that same 'designer' appeal - then I guess people in Guam still wouldn't be happy with them!

Awesome pics. I came across some corn snakes at our local zoo up here in Cairns and I loved their piano styled under-belly. I must admit I prefer pythons over colubrids, but if corn snakes were legal here I'd probably consider one. For the time I will stick with my slightly less coloured, but never-the-less beautiful pythons.

Thanks for the photos - they're surely awesome!

Great Variety nice looking snakes, but who comes up with the morph names? you would need a reference book with all the variants to keep up!

DaemoNox,

thanks for posting. Beautiful snakes, informative thread. Got any more??

Col J.

Thanks beautiful snakes and explained the way even i could understand. They are not the alley cats of the snake world more like the budgie with its amazing colours and combination of genitics.
when i first applied for my licence my first question was '' can you keep corn snakes in Australia'' still are my favorite exotic .
Barry

wow thats alot of colour, i love it! thanks for the pictures
i also wanted a corn when i first got my licence (before i knew they were illegal in Aus)
but i still prefer my coastal darling
it would be soo strange if those colours came in coastals !! Wooooow that would be strange

hehe

Nat ;)

did anyone see the mythbusters episode when adam and jamie got told to put their hands in a bag and they pulled out handfuls of baby cornsnakes?? that was epic!

Thanks everyone! Nope theyre not rear fanged, theyre about as harmless as any snake can get.

The only colors they really dont have is green, you can find some with lime green hints in the pattern but its very random. Blue is being worked on even. Whats really fun with them is the ability to hatch out 8 or more different colors or patterns in a single clutch.

Here are some of last year's babies -

IMG_4882.jpg

IMG_4885.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5258.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Generallly the morph names come up with whoever found or made the morph first, but in reality its up to the hobby whether it catches or not, whether people like it or rename it something else. The genetics part is easy, its memorising all these trade names that drives someone crazy.

they are awesome snakes as much as id love to see these snakes over here they would do some damage if they were on the loose but they are nice snakes

wow, what a thread. some great pictures and info, thanks for sharing.

Amazing snakes there.... yet i still prefer australian pythons... its the whole shape i think

Holy crap those are amazing. I like the blizzards, the opals and the plasmas.

Love that phantom, plasma and Amel aztec which kinda reminds me of a candy cane!

<o> Chris

all these designer morphs aside, what are true native corns like?

whats the general colour and pattern range in 100% wild populations?

all these designer morphs aside, what are true native corns like?

whats the general colour and pattern range in 100% wild populations?

The first two pictures are of 'natural' coloured Corns...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back