Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firedrake

Reaction score
Ok how did you manage to convince your partners to let you keep what you keep? And how long did it take them to start cooing over every little hatchie they saw?

i think it depends what you want, see if you want a spotted python than you can say it only gets small, when i got my first coastal and told mum it would only get about 4ft its now 5ft and still growing lol. also told her i would get the one but came home with two lol.

dad moved out and mum feel inlove with a cute lil behaved coastal!! after doing some work experience at parks!! volunteering at a wildlife park and haveing owned a blue tounge for at least two years before i got my snake!!
good luck man go something easy and smallish they will come around haha
cheers Ryan

I already had a beardie when I met my girlfriend, she was freaked out at first. However after about 3 months, she made me so proud when she walked in the bedroom holding him ever so gently. Now I am working on her dislike for geckos, she is from a south pacific island and geckos are absolutely every where. I was dismayed to see people shooing them out of their homes with brooms and sometimes even flyspray!!

plant the idea and let them think its there idea!!! works every time just some take longer than others

Took about 6 months to get my hubby to agree to getting a stimson's - now i have 2 stimmies and a darwin!!!

Haha wish that would work, first time I asked I got 'no and don't ask again' from my bf -_- However he's decided a frog is ok? I still think if he saw a hatchie and got to hold it, after a while he'd be asking me for one...his reason is that he wants a dog and snakes don't interest him, I can have one he just won't be living with me :S

I want a Stimson and there are so many reasons to get one and hardly any not to, but they 'don't interest' him

That is so harsh firedrake!! hes probably scared and just wont admit it =/

i got mine because we looked after a coastal that got hit by a car and we all fell in love with him =] still took a few months of gentle persuasion though

I started off with frogs and turtles then met my partner who had snakes and lizards. Now we live together and our collection has grown rapidly. I want it to increase more, immensely but it's just a matter of future.... larger/more enclosures.... prices of enclosures.... prices of food.... prices of vet bills.... prices of accessories, prices of this, that and the other.... I'm happy to get more of everything but I feel a bit guilty, for lack of a better word when I suggest/ask about new additions. His face.... the tone.... the we already have enough.... Ahh.... I'm just obsessed.

6 years to let me get a snake, two months ago they let me get two geckos, so im still not there yet

We were offered one of a pair of Bredlis and I said we would only get them if we took the pair, there was no begging or pleading it is just our 12 year old who wants to be a vet that has trouble with us having them.

you have the wrong partner. my girlfriend asked me yesterday if her son could have a couple of snakes. how smart was i getting her son interested in my hobby lol

i dont have a Partner,girls have even refused to meet me i have met online cause of snakes

My gf came up with the idea. I had always liked snakes, but wasn't aware they were so easy to come by. When I realised they could be had cheap we were all over it. Got two snakes less then 24 hours after the idea came to fruition, lol.

D: I love them, I'd give (almost) anything for him to be interested, just once, in something that I am. I know if I get one he will suddenly become interested, but I just can't get over the first 'no.' Although a frog is a start, I don't like them nearly as much as snakes :(

My girlfriend fell in love with a children's which got me hooked.. But we generally support each other in whatever we pursue..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back