How do I grow plant stuffs??? Can you start a thread about it??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing from bunnings is good for plant growth , lighting shop or Aquarium / petshop are better places to go.

I think that's wrong assumption!
It's not about the store, but what they sell.

Most people think just because it's Bunnings, they won't have anything for fish or reptiles...
Well, I don't particularly buy from Bunnings much, but I have to admit that buying this 7,500K (kelvin) Nec tube for $7 instead of the $30-$40 from a pet shop was a good find!

Check your local decent Aquarium shop, and ask for a tube to grow plants and you'll see they're all above the 6000K.

I was reading this article/test results of SA Fish and Reptile:
(Registered Laboratory, South Australia) when my laptop crashed:

"...Improves the natural colours of your reptiles by a 6500 Kelvin full spectrum light with a high colour-rendering index."

I think that's wrong assumption!
It's not about the store, but what they sell.

Most people think just because it's Bunnings, they won't have anything for fish or reptiles...
Well, I don't particularly buy from Bunnings much, but I have to admit that buying this 7,500K (kelvin) Nec tube for $7 instead of the $30-$40 from a pet shop was a good find!

Check your local decent Aquarium shop, and ask for a tube to grow plants and you'll see they're all above the 6000K.

I was reading this article/test results of SA Fish and Reptile:
(Registered Laboratory, South Australia) when my laptop crashed:

"...Improves the natural colours of your reptiles by a 6500 Kelvin full spectrum light with a high colour-rendering index."

being into aquariums before i got into reptiles all my planted tank light bulbs are just cheap cool white bulbs from bunnings pet shops charge rediculous amounts more for most things.........

Sent from my iPhone

what sort of humidity are in thoses tanks?? would it be good for a gtp at all? or anyother python that can stand humidity? darwins? gts? bts? would be to humid for EDW yeah?

Viridis, D. punctulata yes with the right set up.
Any other carpets no.
Water Dragons no.
Boyds and Angle Heads yes.
Prickly Forest Skinks, yes
Chamelon Geckos if you can afford them, yes.

Think species that live in wet moist habitats all the time.

well i think i will set my tank up when i get home and see how we go. always looking for an excuse to buy some boyds,

Moss growing up the glass walls....
And a few other tank pics...o
b7573329.jpg

65d58639.jpg

c9cdfd4a.jpg

8512c32d.jpg

83debdc7.jpg

e63030bc.jpg

272075a9.jpg

Viridis, D. punctulata yes with the right set up.
Any other carpets no.
Water Dragons no.
Boyds and Angle Heads yes.
Prickly Forest Skinks, yes
Chamelon Geckos if you can afford them, yes.

Think species that live in wet moist habitats all the time.

Serious question, why do you say no good for water dragons?
My EWDs are constantly in and out of the water feature I have in their enclosure now, how would something like this be different?

Thought id revive this thread with a question.
Im looking for hardy plants to put in my setup, so far i have bromiliads and 2 types of aquatic plants but im looking for something nice and strong like the broms but able to hand a fair bit of moisture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back