how do people hold up logs and branches in enclosures?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayDarling101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey everyone what do people use to hold up the branches and logs in snake / lizard enclosures?
thanks

I just cut the end of the log off so its flat and screw it into the side of the enclosure if its next to a wall. (So you cant see the screw)

If you are after vertical branches, I use some plywood as a base and screw them to that.
Check to see that they aren't going to be top heavy or tipped over by the weight of the occupant first.

What do you do then if you don't want to damage/put holes in your enclosure?

I just "shop around" until I find a few nice ones, then put them in leaning from corners, then others from the "Y" bits. All very secure and no damage to enclosure. Just make sure they can't slip and hurt your snake

Hope that ^^ kinda makes sense...

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
you could always countersink the screws then cover them with the sawdust mixed with glue or if melamine you can get those little white plugs and plug the hole

I use hooks on the branches and eyelets into the sides. Makes them easy to remove for cleaning or reorganising.

Simply screwed threw melamine with screws.

You can always get a fairly good patch job done if need be.

ive used a peice of thin copper wire and tightend it with two small holes in the ventilation on the side. works great my dragons love that branch and one time one of them went to the very side of the branch and it was very stable (not even the slightest movement)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just cut the branches off nice and flat and at the angle i want it to sit at and use circles of inner tube glued to the ends, then basicaly wedge the branch on the required angle, the inner tube circles stop it from slipping :) ...........................Ron

I use hooks on the branches and eyelets into the sides. Makes them easy to remove for cleaning or reorganising.

Same here-for my scrubby, got no other way of getting her out of her cage when she doesn't want to.

12 mm threaded rod through the roof of enclosure and through log running the length of enclosure .One of the rods also holds up the ends of 2 sleeping platforms aswell .

I don't like drilling holes in my enclosures so I get a thin piece of board and screw through it up into a vertically standing pillar (a natural piece of a branch). then I tie a branch onto this that slopes down to the floor of the enclosure. I place rocks on the board so it doesn't tip over then cover it in substrate so you cant see it. it looks really good, like the stump of a tree, and no drilling into your enclosure is necessary. just ask If you need me to post some pictures.

Hooks and eyelets are the way to go, I use them for my greens so it is no hassle getting the snake out as I just pull the log out without disturbing the snake.

I have just been putting some logs & branches in the new house i'm doing for my Bredli.
I have screwed one to a side wall but the others are all held in their respective places with zip ties.
Cheap, effective & not too difficult to remove if you want to re-decorate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back