How long can a baby snake go without food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisryan

Reaction score
I have a baby childrens python and it hasn't eaten in 2 weeks, Im just wondering how long it should be before i start getting really worried.
also when should i consider assist feeding?

They can go months, I’m fairly certain I’ve seen someone say they had a hatchling carpet go 5mths without taking a food item

A well developed adult can go a year+

Hi, check your temperatures I don't know were you are but in Sydney for example we are coming up to winter & the temperature is dropping & if the temperatures are to low snakes will stop feeding

Hi, check your temperatures I don't know were you are but in Sydney for example we are coming up to winter & the temperature is dropping & if the temperatures are to low snakes will stop feeding
i agree but dont worry i think all will be alright as i think babies can last 2.5---4 months ish BUT DONT GO TRYING TO BREAK A WORLD RECORD ON HOW LONG YA PYTHON LIVES WITHOUT FOOD:D

My spotted hatchling was refusing food/hadn't eaten in almost 2 months (recently), I stopped offering him food for almost two weeks and left him completely alone and he ate a few days ago! Just be patient! Also be mindful of the temperature, he might be turning away food because its getting colder here.

I live on the Sunshine Coast and it’s getting to around 15 degrees around here recently, should I turn the thermometer up from 30 degrees to maybe 35?

Latest posts

Back