How long can I leave It!!?? PLEASE HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it needs to be fed, cleaned and given fresh water. Ask your mum/dad/brother or friend or someone to watch it for you while your gone. What happens if your heating blows and burns the poor thing. I just wouldnt risk it. EVER!

It will be fine... I wouldn't even feed it for a few weeks before you go. I leave mine for over a month. As long as they have a large water bowl, I don't see any issue. This is why snakes are my choice of pet. You can forget about them and they are fine lol.
That reminds me... I should do my monthly check on me snakes. ha haha :)....keep in mind that I have everything running of thermostats and timers...

it will be fine i leave my snake and lizards for up to 3 weeks as well, just put a big bowl of water in there and ur good to go have a good time! :D

ive found my snakes love to crap in their water so if you put 2 bowls in there its just a safe back up. Ive also found that if you use aspen for betting it does soak up spills and drys out poo so the animal is not slithering around in its own filth.

Snakes wont drink stale water so leaving larger or extra bowls of water wont have any benefit at all.

Snakes wont drink stale water so leaving larger or extra bowls of water wont have any benefit at all.

What makes water stale? Ive heard of it before but no one has every been able to tell me what actually happens to water if you leave it sitting for a while.

Green slime grow in bucket of water within 3days would u drink it?:facepalm:

Yeah I wouldn't worry about feed just make sure all heating is in working order mybe back up thermostat hooked up, lots of water and it will be fine mate,

What makes water stale? Ive heard of it before but no one has every been able to tell me what actually happens to water if you leave it sitting for a while.

if i remember good old science from high school!
water turns stale after all the air in it has escaped which then makes it unfresh and smelly!

I agree with turning the heat off . It is summer and if you haven't fed it for a while it will be fine . On the other hand a thermostat fail could cook the snake .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back