How long do your heating lights last?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending who or where u get them from, they can last from a month for cheap brands to 10-12 or longer months for good brands

It works out cheaper to buy a bunch of cheaper bulbs

Ok thanks, how long roughly would you say a reptile one 50 watt light would last? (If you would know).

That’s alright. I just wanted to know so then. Have a rough idea on when to get a new light. I had to ask how long lights normall lasted because mine just blew for my Stimson python (I now have a Dyson fan blowing at the tank),

That’s alright. I just wanted to know so then. Have a rough idea on when to get a new light. I had to ask how long lights normall lasted because mine just blew for my Stimson python (I now have a Dyson fan blowing at the tank),
Just make sure u still have a heat gradient

You need to use a surge protector on most lamps, especially UV emitting ones. Power brown outs and minor surges will greatly reduce their life. Prior to using surge protectors I was replacing basking lamps every 2 weeks to 2 months, now with surge protection, I get 12-14 months easy.

I use cheap as chips Phillips party globes in my incubators. They last 6 months + easy.

My Reptile One 50watt bulbs last around 10 months. I did find using with thermostat made them blow quicker.
I just buy in bulk off ebay way cheaper then Petshops

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back