Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More than most.... With very large dogs roaming the place

To the people who own a large collection, 20 or 30+ pythons and more importantly lots of lizards and dragons.. are you self sufficient? as in breed all your own foods and solar and what have you?? Im at the point where if i want more dragons im going to need to satrt selling organs to pay for electricity and crix.. how do you all do it??

Lizards - 14

Snakes - 46

Total =60

I used to breed my own rats, crickets and woodies. But medical problems have prevented me from continuing that.

To the people who own a large collection, 20 or 30+ pythons and more importantly lots of lizards and dragons.. are you self sufficient? as in breed all your own foods and solar and what have you?? Im at the point where if i want more dragons im going to need to satrt selling organs to pay for electricity and crix.. how do you all do it??

I breed my own Jap Quail. When running at full capacity I can pump out around 200 every 18 days. I also breed crickets.

I've got a 3KW system on the roof but bills are still high :(

how many breeder quails do you have

Around 30. They normally lay an egg a day. When they slow down and if the freezers empty I buy fertile eggs from Quail Kingdom on line for $5 a dozen. I've often wondered if it's even worth keeping the breeders alive when you can buy the eggs that cheaply. I've got five incubators with automatic turners that hold 48 eggs each. Out of the 240 eggs around 200 or so hatch in 16-17 days.

Around 30. They normally lay an egg a day. When they slow down and if the freezers empty I buy fertile eggs from Quail Kingdom on line for $5 a dozen. I've often wondered if it's even worth keeping the breeders alive when you can buy the eggs that cheaply. I've got five incubators with automatic turners that hold 48 eggs each. Out of the 240 eggs around 200 or so hatch in 16-17 days.
true that i have heard that japs are not good parent and leave there eggs every where

true that i have heard that japs are not good parent and leave there eggs every where

Yep :) They sometimes lay in groups but just scatter them for the most part. They won't brood at all so an incubator is a must. You can store the eggs for up to a fortnight before setting them as long as you can keep them around 15 degrees, which could be hard where you're from :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back