how old would a 5 meter olive python be

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza88

Not so new Member
Reaction score
at work we have a resident olive python living at the water/sewer farm for the town and guys that work there recon its over 5 meters cause they spotted it next to a piece of 5m poly pipe and it was a little bigger than the pipe

6.5 metres is the largest suggest size of a Pilbara Olive Python...it's kind of like the 8.5m that is often quoted for Scrub Pythons - a nice story but no proof. I'd love to be proven wrong though...

A 5 metre Olive Python would be a very old snake.

There is the occasional 'giant' in every species, but 5 metres is massive for an olive. My guess is that it would be 20 years plus, snakes keep growing throughout their entire lives, and if kept well fed it may well achieve that size with age. Ask if they can get pics as well, unless their camera has mysteriously gone missing :rolleyes: Apparently Tim Mensforth who owns URS had a 13 footer, but the biggest I have ever seen would be the one that belongs to a member on this site called JamesJr. Olive (6).jpg

Last edited:
Agreed- at leat 20 years considering food availability in the wild, seasonal changes, etc.

It wouldn't just happen to be at Pannawonica sewer station would it? I have had a few pics sent to me in the past of decent sized Olives there.

Being near a sewage works it will have access to lots of food
If it has lived there forever it may have virtually power fed all its life

But its still a big olive

It wouldn't just happen to be at Pannawonica sewer station would it? I have had a few pics sent to me in the past of decent sized Olives there.

Hi Dave, would you post some pics of large barroni? would love to see them.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back