How quick can a Stimson Python shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickrh

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can tell me if it's normal for a Stimson Python to shed in a couple of days? My sons snake ate on Wednesday, he didn't handle it until Saturday and it didn't seem to be shedding then but now today being Monday it has completely shed and is sitting on top of his log that he normally hides in. He is only about 5 months old. Is that the whole shedding process over or does it shed another layer? Everything I read says it takes about 9 days to shed

Up to 9 days from eyes milking up - can happen in as little as two though.
Not all snakes go off their food during the shed cycle. Actually shedding the skin itself can be done in under half an hour...

Ok thanks for that info we didn't even notice the eyes go milky or anything like that we just noticed the skin had been shed today. My son had it out 2 days ago and didn't notice anything different.

If you miss the milky eyes you'll pretty much never have any idea when they're gonna shed. Not many keepers ever would.

My bredli is just like that she will still eat even though she has started the shedding process...

I came home from work one day looked in her enclosure and noticed she need a top up in her water bowl came back 20 mins later to find a fresh shed hanging from her tree branch..

Yeah well we had no idea it was really quick. Can you handle them again straight after a shed? My son hasn't picked it up because he is worried it might be cranky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back