how snappy are jungles?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a jungle for my second, big difference to my Murray Darling, snappy yes, but the more they are handled the better they get, persistence and patience my friend.

None of mine are snappy.

Our male spotted is snappy though.

IsK

A pair of Jungles were my 2nd & 3rd snake, after having a docile Coastal for 2yrs. They don't grow very big, they are actually the smallest of the carpet pythons averaging an adult size of about 1.6 metres.
My smallest female is a dream, she is placid and friendly, not much bothers her.
The male was a little nervous when we first got him, and a couple of bites but nothing serious, now he's an angel.
My 4th snake was in fact another female Jungle, but she was a different story, she was extremely high strung, she'd swing her head around with her mouth open trying to bite me as I was holding her. I used to wear thin leather gloves, to prevent myself from pulling away and thus damaging her, and I just kept at it, now I use no gloves and she very rarely bites, and when she does she usually has a good reason too.
I've never had any of them bite and hold on, they have only done the strike and release bite.
They make great pets if you can get them young and handle them up while they're only little. Little Snake = Little Teeth!;)
Just remember every snake is different just like us.
This pic I think I've posted before, but it just proves how good Jungles are, my step daughter is 6yrs old, and my husband and I are quite comfortably with her handling the Jungles.

Attachments

• Hailey 11_Dec 06.jpg
    Hailey 11_Dec 06.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 50
Proper jungles don't get too big around 5 feet really being maximum. I have a couple and they have differing temperaments. The pair i have grown from hatchies : the male bites on sight and the female is fine when i get her out of the enclosure and they have been regularly handled.

snappy is an under statement!!!!

My jungle is 5yr old and is a grumpy snappy bi**h but i still love her!!!! and she is about 2.1m

Depends on which jungle you get on size. I have 2 athertons 8ft each and a 3ft tully and a baby palmerston and none of them bite. My athertons are a little flighty due to never being handled much until I got them (but still have never tried to bite) and my tully and palmerston well you can do anything with them guys (I'm actually more afraid of my 4ft darwin lol). I grab there heads, check there teeth (anything). I can't belive that only my jungles are calm so I'm guessing it's not so much species but more the snake and how relaxed they feel with you. If you want a jungle then get a jungle because I have seen more MACS and childrens that are horrid little devils then I have jungles. If you want a smaller jungle, then get a tully jungle as they only get like 4 1/2ft max, they may be a little snappy as a juvi (my palmeston was) but I got this out of her after a day (and never got a bite). Now she is so calm (and I dont' use hooks to get any of my snakes out). GET YOUR JUNGLE, you'll be glad you did and hay if it's that bad you can sell it to me lol.

Yes I think that learning how to handle agressive snakes is an important part of jungle keeping. I have several psychopathic animals thatjust hate humans but I still rarely get bitten by them. Get to know them and the limitations of what you can do with them and you'll save on the bandaids.

hahahaha bandaids? SOFT! :p

The craziest snakes I have ever seen, inc. elapids, were a pair of young jungles. They would repeatedly strike as soon as you walked in the room, they were also one of the best coloured ones I've seen in person, but due to their "over the top" disposition, the owner sold them. Many young people buy snappy breeds of snakes because they like the way they look only to find they are **** scared of getting bitten so they won't hold them, then they end up with 5 feet of angry snake, and get out of the hobby.

What about a lovely Bredli?
Look at this one .... butter wouldn't melt in his mouth!!

Attachments

• P1000166 (Medium).JPG
    P1000166 (Medium).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back