Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin00

Reaction score
Ok well today I got to handle a Corn Snake, and like I have seen pictures of them and was like awwh they so cute, I actually wanted one as my first snake then found out they weren't native :(

So anyway after handling one, and seeing it in person I feel completely in love with them, but I have only got that basic QLD Reptile License. So my question to all you people out there is what is the process of obtaining one of these beautiful snakes?

You're not allowed to keep them in Australia. You'll have to get a green card and head to America.

become a zoo. only legal way of obtaining them. or, just buy one (illegal) :)

2 options really.
1. Leave Australia and go live somewhere where they are permitted OR
2. Buy an illegal animal and risk losing your licence

Not good choices

in my experience they are readily available, but highly illegal and not worth the risk of having your whole collection confiscated, a massive fine, and god knows what diseases in your natives.

Hmmm... Black Market you say.... LOL

Well that sucks, I can defiantely see myself moving to America in this lifetime thats for sure

So how long do you plan on keeping snakes for after the authorities find out?

Corns have nothing on our natives in my opinion..

Well since I would have obtained a green card and would be living in America(Hopefully in New York or L.A.), im sure the US authorities won't have an issue with it

Well since I would have obtained a green card and would be living in America(Hopefully in New York or L.A.), im sure the US authorities won't have an issue with it
But the Aussie authorities might if you try bring it back ;)

Ok well today I got to handle a Corn Snake, and like I have seen pictures of them and was like awwh they so cute, I actually wanted one as my first snake then found out they weren't native :(

So anyway after handling one, and seeing it in person I feel completely in love with them, but I have only got that basic QLD Reptile License. So my question to all you people out there is what is the process of obtaining one of these beautiful snakes?

Road spotting around the western suburbs or Sydney should turn up a few.....

I really don't understand the obsession with corns. Am I the only one who thinks they are ugly? If you really want one they are pretty easy to get... but they are not worth the risk of lossing your liscense and could possibly be carrying diseases or parasites. They tend to come from less than trustworthy sources.

Corn snakes are the most boring snake along with the ball python, no personalities what so ever and you would get over it real fast.

I love my corn. Im not crazy on all the morphs, but a normal everyday corn...ya can't beat.
zavy9u6a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back