How???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just wondering why do you want to catch them though?

many reasons, often so they can be sold off or to prevent them being eaten by other animals in the pit or to prevent the elements knocking them off

If you do want to catch them,...a fishing rod with light line make a slip knot on the end and slowly slowly lower over their head and lift rod to snare. had success doing this when we were kids down the river when the fishing got really slow. All were released btw

How about the old buried bucket trick? Might catch some of the current residents as well but it's a non-lethal trapping method at least

Know any little boys that love lizards Fay? When my teenage boys were little they were quite clever at catching things that didn't want to be caught;)

beat me dossy:)

get a bucket. with a hole big enough for them to get into in the side.but others wont fit put the food in and keep watching??

How about the old buried bucket trick? Might catch some of the current residents as well but it's a non-lethal trapping method at least

Sounds like a good idea to me, might take a while but an easy option. What sort of skink are they?

We have enough Land Mullets , so we will want to sell these. Plus the fact we like to keep babies inside so they are safe.
Yeah, might employ a couple of kids. lol

Just make sure the kids don't like grabbing tails

I think a pitfall trap would be a better idea

Get a pint glass and a bit of paper. Put the glass over the lizard, slide the paper under.
Result. :D

All I can say is good luck catching them, I have a hard enough time catching mine and they are inside. When I had to catch my female out of the pit we had a bucket dug into the ground watched her go in and we dug around it, closed the entrance hole and got in underneath it and grabbed her.

lol yeh i think the employing kids sounds like a good idea kids r always good at catching things P.s Nice pit bet your reps are very happy :)

Well, low and behold, I caught three of them.They must of just been born and aren't real street wise yet. Can't see anymore just now. May have some more in the morning. Not sure how many they have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha nice, how did you end up catching them?

Well, low and behold, I caught three of them.They must of just been born and aren't real street wise yet. Can't see anymore just now. Ma have some more in the morning. Not sure how many they have.

They have between 2 to 8 babies, depending how old the parents are, mine dropped 7 about 5 weeks ago.

They have between 2 to 8 babies, depending how old the parents are, mine dropped 7 about 5 weeks ago.

Lol sorry Fay I understand what you were saying now, too early in the morning, if the parents have dropped before, there should be more than 3, I would go looking in the hidey holes you have in there and try and trap them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back