Hubby's op

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dipcdame

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:cry:Well, the day is nearly over, it's getting dark, and I'm here wondering about my hubby, Bob, He went into hospital today for a total knee replacement. I sat with him for as long as I could, till he got more interested in the news program on tv and I knew he wouldn't need me for the next hour till they took him up.
Soo. I am now sitting here, worried sick, wondering when I should ring the hospital to see if it's all ok. He won't even be going in yet!
Just lonely already, and wishing he didn't have to go!! Good luck Bob, I'm useless without you, hurry home xoxoxoxox:cry:

He'll be alright - it's a fairly common procedure. Best of luck though :) I hope he has a speedy recovery

bob will need lots of tender loving care through his rehab, make sure you look after ALL his needs.
cheers

im sure theyre used to worried fone calls, if it makes u feel better call away! :)

good luck to hubby, bet he cant wait to test out the new knee!!

He will be alright. I was in his boat (knee operation) about a year and a half ago. He will need help moving around when he gets home.

Aww.. don't worry too much! He'll be home soon, and everything will be fine, and then he will be the one that's useless without you!

He's likely to be sooky, cranky, even demanding while he's recovering :( Poor thing. If he gets to cranky, I suggest making it interesting by leaving wanted items eg. remote control, food, pain medication, etc. just out of arm's reach. Or, give him a bell, and then ignore him completely when he rings it, then show up 5 mins later with whatever he wanted the last time he rang it. Tell the kids, because he can't go anywhere, he'd be more than happy to play Snap! ad nauseum until he's better...

I'm just trying to make you smile. I'm sure he'll be fine. Good luck!

Good luck Bob .Don't worry to much not a big op these days . got a mate getting both done next week he only wants to go in to hospital once . 4 months of work sounds good .

aww thank you all, your words are comforting (and funny, Kristy!). I am just so used to having him here, he's my rock, my best friend, and my constant companion, we don't do anything without each other (welll, SOME things we don't). I am lost without him. But I'm sure he'll be fine, he has a good doc and the anaesthitist seemed very efficient. But, because his care is now trusted to someone else for a week or so, I am helpless, I can't do much for him, I must leave that with strangers.

surgeries have come a long way in the last 9 years, but he will still be a bit 'special' for a good month, he's no spring chicken, and you'll be listening to all his one-liners and bad jokes before you know it, you like to play head games Dipc, you're gonna have a ball when he's back home, and if he gets too demanding i'm happy to come round and superglue the tv remote to his back side :evil:

when you see him tell him his girlfriend says 'ello and tell him that he may as well be legless, cos he's always been armless :rolleyes: (thought you might miss his 'dad jokes' :lol:)

Bob will be fine Bev, an older gent I know had both done,he will be chasing you around the house in no time

Kensai..... I'm trying VERY hard not to think of that..... can't tell him off now or abuse him, he will be able to run faster than me... dammit!

My old man had a knee replacement the other week. Make sure Bob works hard at his rehab. It will be the difference between sitting around for a month and loosing condition or walking in a couple of weeks.

i agree with BrownHash, i had a knee re-co 2 years ago and worked hard in rehab and my knee is really good now, just make sure he pushes himself and everything should turn out just dandy :)

I got a knee reconstruction in year ten after a game of footy.. It sucked, it was painful and rehan was hard. I know a knee replacement is a much bigger operation but the principles are the same.. make sure you nag him about rehab and physio exercises ALL the time as the better he is with them the faster he will recover, and the better condition he will be in straight away. With proper rehab and good behaviour on his part his new knee will be better than his old one ever was! Best of luck to him (and you) during his recovery!

Hope he gets better quickly and is back to his old self in no time :)
Maybe you can go to the hospital and just sit with him if you want to? In my experience, the hospital doesn't mind, and even if he is asleep, it can be comforting for you both :)

Thanks all once again. And yes, Shellfisch, I will be on my way there shortly. Havent been able to speak with him yet, they just keep saying they have his pain management in hand now, he had a bit of a bad night. I just want to go and bring him home so I can look after him!!
Apparently, if the rehab isn't going too well, they are threatening to keep him in a rehab hospital for a further two weeks or so to make sure he's all good, I think he'll work like heck to make sure he doens't go there!! lol

It was my first night alone in the house in 32 years of marriage last night, it was somewhat daunting, so I dragged the dogs in the bedroom, and the cats, and if I could have, the three reptile enclosures would have been in there too if I could have. One cat got chucked out after the first ten mins, he can't leave the other one alone, and they play fight, not condusive to a sleep. But then again, when one is woken to get up three times in the night to let the dogs out, one tends to feel flippin ratted in the morning! But, I'm off to see him now, so I'll pass on all your well wishes, I know he will appreciate it.
Thanks to all of you once again, almost feels like 'family' online!!!!!!

I'm sure he'll be itching to get home too. Fill us in on how it went when you get a chance.
And Bev, it's so refreshing to hear about such a loving relationship; that which you have with Bob. 32 years together EVERY night, and still missing each other the moment you're apart. Hope every bloke is lucky enough to find someone as devoted as you. :)
Take extra care of yourself (and Bob),
Nic

LOL Jax!!! Didn't count you kiddo! You're still ma lil sis!!!!! MWAH

FOR AN UPDATE.................................. he was in a heck of a lot of pain last night, the nerve block which was supposed to relieve pain for up to 36 hours didn't work from the second he opened his eyes in recovery! He's uncomfortable now, but it's bearable, he has one of those buttons to press every five minutes for relief. It looks like he'll be in hospital till at least the beginning of next week! I feel like I'm single again LOL I conveyed your well wishes, and he was toutched that you would send any, he said to say thank you most sincerely to each and every one of you.

Nic, thats a lovely thing to say, thank you, but don't tell Bob that, I keep telling him I'm missing him cause I have no one to nag and pick on at home! He isn't only my hubby, he's my best friend, playmate, companion, advisor, and many other things but I do't want to sound too over soppy! he keeps me together in difficult times, he's always there for me whenever I need him. (Plus, he does most of the housework, washing, dishes, floors, cleaning, washing windows and tending the back garden) I feel as though the only thing I ever do is cook! I help when and where I can, but there's not much he will allow me to do! (He's a real sweety)

There's very little that either of us do without the other one being there, and neither of us mind, we still can sit for hours not saying much, just enjoying having the other there! OHHHHH SHUT UP BEV!!!!!!!!!!!

Will keep you posted, if you want me to. and thank you again, for your support, I really appreciate it. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back