Humidity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Quick question, my enclosure is a metre high. I have a huge water bowl on the ground and am constantly spraying the enclosure. Under the basking light though, the humidity struggles to get to 50%. Any secrets about how to keep the humidity at 60% up high?
Cheers Sim

Hey Sim! :eek:

Not an expert on the subject, but I was wondering what sort of enclosure you are using, and how well ventilated it is?

Mine is usually at around 40 - 50% without doing anything special, and the water bowl is right up the cool end of the enclosure. If I move the water bowl up near the heat lamp, it goes right up without any problems.

Maybe the airflow is TOO good. Maybe try block a vent or two?? That's the best I can think of...

Try moving the water bowl under the heat source or perhaps some moist peat moss in a jar with holes drilled in the lid to raise the humidity levels :D

Slap a litttle heat mat half way under ya water bowl. If thats too much try it quarter way under etc until you get it where ya want it :)

Thanks for your help guys,
My water bowl is actually on the heat matt, but during the day, just doesnt bring the humidity up enough especial under the basking lightbut at night it's perfect :wink: :wink: . Oh well, I'll keep trying. As for the peat moss, good idea, thanx CC.
Cheers Simon :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back