Hungry Birds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowtail

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was taking photos of a hatchling to send to someone and took it outdoors for natural light when this pesky butcher bird decided it was a potential meal. Seconds after this photo it swooped and I just managed to keep the baby Julatten from becoming a meal. I've had this problem with kookaburras before but you think butcher birds are too small.IMG_1397.jpgIMG_1389.jpg

I was taking photos of a hatchling to send to someone and took it outdoors for natural light when this pesky butcher bird decided it was a potential meal. Seconds after this photo it swooped and I just managed to keep the baby Julatten from becoming a meal. I've had this problem with kookaburras before but you think butcher birds are too small.View attachment 324526View attachment 324527

There looking very good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had this problem with kookaburras before but you think butcher birds are too small.
Nah, what they lack in size, they make up for with attitude, like JRT's. I've got a family of them (Butcher birds) up here, bold as, will fly straight in the front door and sit on my kitchen bench waiting for a feed. I love their song. Much nicer than the damned Currawongs!

Nice Julatten BTW.

Gorgeous little snake and Butcher Bird! I love the Butcher Birds around here, especially because they wiggle their bums when they sing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back