Huntsmans

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've given me no reason to expect other than blatant honesty and rigid seriousness with not a shred of evidence pointing towards satire, sarcasm or shenanigans in any of your posts EVER moosenoose ;)

As I am sure many know they can make good pets!!! [video=youtube;OylmCm1zgWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OylmCm1zgWg&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/video]

It's funny. Tarantulas just don't have the same creep factor as huntsmans for me. I've been right up close to one at a museum with no glass between us. Mind you, I'd probably be startled if I ever came across one in the wild.

How funny. I think this thread has been therapeutic for me. I saw a small huntsman in the house only 15 minutes ago and it wasn't so bad. I just said, "What are you doing in here, you little bastard," chased it around for a few seconds and went back to what I was doing. I've got no idea where it is now and, get this, I don't care.

If Mama was in the house, it would probably be a different story. But I'm hoping she's too big to fit through any cracks.

I wish reading through it had been the same for me lmao; my 3yo son has this habit of bellowing "ouch! Ouch!" with every bug he comes across, even millipedes. I'd just finished flicking through replies last time (and had a good stock of the heebies), when he came screaming up to me with his finger held out, this time he decided to add "Spider!" All I saw was bulbous and black, so I freaked and batted his hand... it was a beetle. *facepalm*

Nighthawk, I found that huntsman on the wall of my bedroom just before I went to bed. I was able to get into bed and go to sleep with only a slight case of the jitters. I'm so proud of myself. :D

I think it was Moose describing them as big daddy long legses that's made them a bit more bearable. Also the thought that they might eat the cockroaches.

I love them. All the huntsmans in my mum's house have been dubbed "wincey" and they are the house pets. I haven't seen any in my house yet but the way I see it is, the more huntsmans, the less nasty bugs like mozzies, flies and roaches. I would rather the spiders cause they don't eat my food and don't hang off me or bug me.

Tildy i doubt they can catch n eat mozzies, too small n just not worth the time. They definitely help with roaches tho.

In 1977, Me and my girl at the time were at the "Heddon Greta Drive Inn" and a large one ran across the front windscreen. The solution was quite simple,wipe it off with the wipers. After doing this the smeggin thing was still there !! It was on the inside of the car and dissapeared down under the dash. We were in a small datsun 1200 and Shaz, my girl, wasnt gonna have a bar of haveing any fun that night. It was her car too. Lol. Wasnt funny at the time but it sure is now. Ross.

^That reminds me of the time my brother and i were menaced by a bloody big wolf spider on the way home from a camping trip.

I saw a huge huntsman last night - with only five legs. I didn't feel scared, I felt sorry for it.

love huntsmans, they might be quick but rarely bite, its easy to pick them up and take them outside, if your quick or a container and a sheet of paper slide it under and take it out

ANything bigger than a 5c piece freaks me out. I am not phobic, and I don't go out of my way to kill them, but I can't help shrieking like a wimp when I see them things. I near crashed my car, twice, just two days ago because a biggy decided to run up my windscreen while I was driving. It gave me a heart attack :lol: and when I finally got to the produce store I made the guy there get it off my car.

mum freaked out at a huntsman molt the other day

Hmmm. There's a seven-legged huntsman in my kitchen sink.

What's with all these amputee huntsmans? Presumably they're getting attacked by predators, but how do they get away? Do their legs break off like the tails of lizards?

Hmmm. There's a seven-legged huntsman in my kitchen sink.

What's with all these amputee huntsmans? Presumably they're getting attacked by predators, but how do they get away? Do their legs break off like the tails of lizards?

when i have fed them to my beardie if he catches a leg it will break off and the huntsman doesnt seem to bleed. just my observations.

Interesting. I know they can reproduce with legs missing. I have a friend who had a three-legged huntsman living in his room that produced an egg sac. Certainly one less leg doesn't seem to bother this one. It's been hanging around for a couple of days and I've seen it run at impressive speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back