Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig.a.c

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
Found this on another site (american), thought some of you may find it interesting. It is 75% GTP and 25% West Papuan Carpet.

Chimaera6-4-0502.jpg

That's 'Yassers' Carpondro, not as good looking as it was when it was younger, but will be interesting to see what it looks like after full colour change.
Nice snake though!

Neil

I find myself strangely drawn to that snake. I wonder what it will eventually look like ?

pretty, pitty we can't make hybrids here, don't terribly understand why. hybrids are probably being made in the wild anyways.

andrew

Andrew.............don't do it..............oh well too late you've said it now :)

I can't understand it either, it's not like our snakes are ever to be used to restock depleted wild collections or anything like that and has been said many times not many of us know the true history of our animals past maybe the parents.

and the great thing is the mugs that buy them cant breed them on and spoil your prices because they are most likely sterile

I don't get it, why is it a 'poor thing' ? Being sterile isn't a death sentence.

Because the poor thing doesn't know what it is, doesn't wether to be a GTP or a carpet, would be confusing instincts for it.

Will be interesting to see it in its adult colouration.

I would hazzard a guess and say it probably couldn't care less what it is, it's a snake and eats mice, I reckon that is the limit of the care factor :)

How does it know wether it needs gtp care or carpet care? Lucky they are pretty similar.

I would love to have the money,snakes,time & the knowlegde to play around with genetics and hybridisation.

Then again I would love to have exotics as well. 8)

Wow, thats gotta go against some of the views here :p .

But at the moment I will stick to my Aussie buties and keep them pure, for now. :twisted: :)

I'm sure not all will agree with my view but I dont know you, and you dont know me, so whooppee :lol:

It will be a Carpet python that sits around all day doing nothing and craps once a month ;-)

Don't worry about who agrees and who doesn't Playwell, it would be a boring world if we all agreed about everything.
I definitely plan to have a play sometime soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back